GTX 1080 or GTX 1070 Ti

User88

Commendable
Apr 10, 2017
Hi guys, i have a Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce OC, i wanted downgrade to ROG STRIX GTX 1070 ti, if i downgrade will i dissapointed very much?
I don't do hard gaming, i enjoy on 1440p, not so care about fps but demand 60fps+.
**I really wanted a strix card, they look gorgeous

Solution
The ROG strix gtx 1070 ti can get quite close to the performance of your gtx 1080 when overclocked but it will still be a noticeable downgrade. It certainly won't be able to achieve 1440p 60fps at ultra settings in all games.

Whether you will be disappointed or not will depend on whether you'll spend more time looking at that "gorgeous card" or whether you're actually going to game on it.

Chasingfaith

Reputable
May 7, 2016
The ROG strix gtx 1070 ti can get quite close to the performance of your gtx 1080 when overclocked but it will still be a noticeable downgrade. It certainly won't be able to achieve 1440p 60fps at ultra settings in all games.

Whether you will be disappointed or not will depend on whether you'll spend more time looking at that "gorgeous card" or whether you're actually going to game on it.

Solution

User88

Commendable
Apr 10, 2017
So it;s just for aesthetics? 1070 ti does easily 2k , above 60 fps for all titles, so no dissapointment at all. It's a high end card...
Thank for the info

Why downgrade?
From the start i wanted a strix card, but the time i bought my card, strix not in stock

Well, that's the one way to change my mind. Performance over everything, got it. Thanks btw

GTX 1080/TI for a reliable 1440p experience be it at a locked 60 or using a 120 or 144hz monitor.
I'm planning to get Acer Predator XB271HU next week, from your info, my monitor might not fully utilized then. Thanks

Never met anyone that decided it was best to go get a lesser card when confronted with high framerates at a given resolution. Just because you are not playing at 144 Hz does not mean you now must downgrade to a GTX1050Ti, etc...

THe 1080 should last years even as new games come out...enjoy it as is...