GTX 1080 Possibly Opened Before?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thewalleprod

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
So I found a great deal on Amazon last week for the EVGA 1080 FTW2 card. It was listed at $589.99 sold by Amazon.com Services Inc. Condition was listed as "New". This was the last one in stock they had at this price. The next day I saw that the price of it jumped up to $659.99. I got it yesterday and when I opened the Amazon box, I saw that there was no shrink wrap on the EVGA box and also the taped seals on the sides of the box looked like it was taken off and then just taped on the inside so you could just slide the box holding the GPU out (this was only on one side of the box). The GPU was in the anti-static bag with the yellow tape on. I looked at the GPU and it was very clean, no scratches or anything, fans didn't look like they had dust or any scratches. Only thing I didn't look at was the PCIe pins to see if it was inserted into a slot before. I emailed EVGA and Amazon and the only thing Amazon can do is refund me the money back and can't send me a replacement.

Any suggestions on how I should go on about this?

Solution

Yes, one of the best most respected one around.

Here you go:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW2 Gaming iCX Video Card ($589.89 @ B&H)...

There you go. :)

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador

Yeah, I just noticed that now - and now I'm also questioning the other one I saw, but didn't save the link...

new pet peeve: AMAZON, put the "Sold by" right under the product, and/or maybe say "manufactured by" instead of just "by"