Question GTX 1080 (Shutting off, randomly)

EvooHD

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015
Hello,

I'have weird problem with my gpu, it's a "ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 8G OC"
the card, run fine month ago, but few days ago it started doing weird things, where the Monitors would just shut off randomly (Black Screen) i could still hear background just can't see, and the card would light up RED Blinking led,

Then affter pc restart it run fine, affter 5minutes, it would shut off again...

And now, today i can't even start the pc like 15-20seconds monitors goes off, And the Light of the GPU is blinking Red (havent seen this behaviour), its usually RGB.
I changed thermal paste, looked for burn spots on the card, there is nothing wrong with it. atleast from visual stand point.

CPU: i7-8700K @ Clocked at 4.7GHz (4 years old)
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z390 PRO GAMING (4 years old)
Ram: 2x8GB Corsair Vengance RGB PRO @ 2166Mhz
SSD/HDD: M.2 EVO 500GB SSD , and Seagate 2TB HDD
GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 8G OC (4 years old)
PSU: SeaSonic Focus Platinum 750watts (around 3 Years old)
Chassis: ZALMAN R2 Black
Monitor: AOC Curved 27inch 144Hz 1080p monitor

I'even swapped out the 1080 put in my RIG, and it has the same problem, where it runs for like 1-2 minutes ,then Black Screen , and the GPU Lights goes RED Blinking , and nothing happens. Is it bricked?

The SPEC in my Signature, is my Main PC this is my Wifes pc , which has problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Qbert2030

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
if it's the specs in your sig space, include them in the body of the thread as sig space specs can and will change over time, when that happens this thread and any relevant solutions can be rendered moot to the person in the same boat as you're in now. Include the age of the PSU used to power the discrete GPU and the entire build.