GTX 1080 TI <$200 on Ebay?

No One_1

Prominent
Aug 2, 2017
so ive been trying to get a new graphics card for a while. currently using a trash 970 but looking to upgrade to a 1080 ti. ive noticed there are very few in stock if any and im having some trouble so i started looking at ebay and i see a few that are only 100 bucks and im not sure if they are even legit so im looking for help. heres an example
http://prntscr.com/i2uu74
if this is a scam can you point out the things that give it away other than the extremely cheap price. it is stated that its brand new and ive read over it to make sure its not box only. thanks

Solution
Oh ya that's definitely a Scam.. 1080 Ti.. your talking about 400-500$ easily... on a "BID" on a Buy it now.. if available $600... When I purchase items from Ebay I always look at the Feedback... Low #'s normally indicator product is fake... the "everyday" person doesn't just jump on Ebay and sell 1 item on ebay considering there is Craigslist now a days...
I'm guessing it's a typo more than anything I suspect they meant to type $999.99. The seller doesn't have a lot of reviews so it's possible it's a trash account with a bunch of fake reviews. You may want to look at those reviews and see if they all look super generic. The 3 star product rating is also weird. check that out.

I would contact the seller to confirm the price, don't use your personal e-mail. If they start feeding a bunch of superlatives or give you a story about why the cards are so cheap then that's a sign they are fake. I think they will likely tell you "oh shoot I meant to type 999.99"

teslacoilftw

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Oh ya that's definitely a Scam.. 1080 Ti.. your talking about 400-500$ easily... on a "BID" on a Buy it now.. if available $600... When I purchase items from Ebay I always look at the Feedback... Low #'s normally indicator product is fake... the "everyday" person doesn't just jump on Ebay and sell 1 item on ebay considering there is Craigslist now a days...

Solution

Obviously a scam. If you buy the item they get your information. It's like the $10 or $20 version of Windows.

My 1080 Ti was $849:ouch:. When in stock they sell for as little as $699 from Nvidia and up everyplace else.

TRENDING THREADS