Gtx 1080 ti 500watts test psu

Sep 1, 2018
Hello, I buyed a evga 1080 ti that requires a minimum 600 watts psu, however I already have a 500 watts psu. So I buy a 750 watts psuthat arrives 3 days later, the question is, can I test the video cart with my actual psu, only for test, no gaming, justturn on the pc and prove the video output is OK?

Solution
I wouldn't advise you do anything at all other than turn on the PC, and see if it displays an image. Once you've verified that it is working, I'd immediately shut it down and unplug it.
What is the precise manufacturer and model of your power supply? And while you're at it, list your entire specs please.

Addendum: But to answer your question, yes, it's safe to plug in your graphics card to display web pages and such. But as far as gaming tests, I'd need answers to my above questions. When I had an air cooled 980 Ti, it would pull 200 watts on stock fan curve, and would only hit the 250 watt TDP if I turned the GPU fans up to 100%. And my cpu would add another 100 watts or so. My total consumption at the watt according to my Kill-a-watt meter was slightly under 300 watts, with a platinum efficiency power supply. Personally, I would not even consider playing games unless I had a top quality manufactured and model power supply, and I'd want to have at least 150 watts to spare.

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015
I wouldn't advise you do anything at all other than turn on the PC, and see if it displays an image. Once you've verified that it is working, I'd immediately shut it down and unplug it.

Solution
Sep 1, 2018

Well i already have an EVGA 500 watts B, the new will be an EVGA 750 watts B3. Mi PC: Intel Core i5 6400, Board msi b150 m3, two hd toshiba 1tb and two tb, and the new video card is an EVGA 1080 TI ICX Gaming

Sep 1, 2018

Hi, thanks for your answer, yeah thats what i was thinking, i desired to ask to be sure

TRENDING THREADS