[SOLVED] GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Low Usage .

Oct 9, 2019
Hello

I need help with my 1080ti amp Extreme GPU running at max 65% Usage on PUBG.
Sometimes it can be lower than that at "rough" places on the map when the GPU needs to work more the usage drops to 34%.

My Specs
MOBO : H110 MA
CPU : I7 6700
RAM : 8GB Crucial sport 2133 MHz

I think maymbe thats caused from the RAM ,because when i Run the game with Discord on its usage is on 7500+ MB.

Any suggestions will help.

Thank you

Solution
Solved .

Bought new pair of Dual channel and installed them without a problem.

First CPU's had bended pins ,i couldnt make the second slot work and i guessed that is not the RAM's problem. After i fixed that issue, i found out that only one stick of RAM worked on the two slots
and the other one was dead .
8GB of RAM for gaming is not recommended. You are limiting 1080ti's power.
I would recommend using 16GB kit in dual channel. Mixing RAMs is not a good idea. They are tested to run perfectly while sold in kits while they may not properly work if you mix and match.

Also what is the make and model of your PSU?

Ok, you should be more than fine with that PSU.

Try buying a 16GB kit and you should be good.

On another note, your choice of motherboard is not the best. It can not support higher frequency RAM and if I googled correctly you can only use max of 2 sticks of RAM.

Oct 9, 2019
Yes thats correct, i have a problem with the one stick not booting but i would not like to bring that up right now till i troubleshoot it . My last chance is checking the CPU Socket pins , otherwise i am gonna buy new Mobo and ram.
So even if i got that fixed would be running good with those Frequency speeds on 16 GB?

It should run better but you also need to keep in mind that there are other factors that might limit your GPU. Thermals, CPU, corrupted drivers and so on.
You need to test many things to be certain.

When you say that the other stick would not boot, is it the stick's fault or mobo slot's? You can see if it's stick's by placing it to the other slot on it's own. If it boots then the slot is to blame and you should consider a mobo/cpu/ram upgrade

Oct 9, 2019
Sorry for the late respond.

So when i bought the rig i had problem installing the 2 DIMM Together.
Only 1 could boot alone and only on the A1 DIMM.
Then i tried to

Bios update
Reset CMos
Complete Unistalled all the components and re installed them
But couldnt work.
Then i checked for CPU Socket pins to see for any bend pins and it actually had 1 single pin bended slightly on the Left.
After fixing the bended pin , I tried the 2 RAM's together but still no boot and black screen.
Then i tested them individually.The first RAM Worked both on 2 Slots without a problem
but the second one didnt work neither to the first or second alone.
So my guess its thats not the MOBO's fault but its the Single kit RAM Fault .

Now i want to be 100% sure that this is the problem so i buy new Dual channel kit and install them.

I dont know what else to try , i ve tried all.

It seems like it was the RAM's fault. Since you can't install a higher frequency RAM, don't go to expensive on them. You can use them for a future build but it's not suggested as most of the modern CPUs benefit a lot from higher frequency RAM.

Oct 9, 2019
I ordered new Dual channel kit and ofc i will upgrade CPU/RAM/MOBO later on when i have the budget.
For now i hope the new ones will work and installed without a problem ,because this whole situation drived me insane to find and try to fix all the problems.

Thank you in advance ill keep you updated when i get the NEW pair.!!

Oct 9, 2019
Solved .

Bought new pair of Dual channel and installed them without a problem.

First CPU's had bended pins ,i couldnt make the second slot work and i guessed that is not the RAM's problem. After i fixed that issue, i found out that only one stick of RAM worked on the two slots
and the other one was dead .

Solution