GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme crashes all the time please help me

Nov 3, 2018
Recently I purchased my new gaming pc and everything seems to be working properly except for one thing, my GPU..

I'm getting really frustrated with this and it's making me tired as I've already sent it back to GIGABYTE for RMA, it got replaced and my computer is still causing issues for me.
This is basically my last resort guys so, please help me out here

The Issue:
If I try to play Fortnite: Battle Royale at max settings the card will work fine for about three minutes and then out of nowhere the fps will just decrease to < 75 and if I keep trying to play it will just freeze up my whole computer. This is what happens when I try to play Overwatch and it doesn't make a difference if I try a different monitor or output slot on my card.

The only temporary solution for me is to enable Debug mode in the Nvidia control panel :(

PC SPECS

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H270-PLUS ATX
GPU: AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
CPU: i7700k Intel CPU @ 4.2GHZ
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB x2 DDR4 Memory- 2133MHz - Unbuffered (Overclocked to 2400Mhz)
PSU: Thermaltake SMART PRO RGB 750W PSU

Nov 3, 2018

I very much doubt that the issue is with the cpu, It doesn't even have the chance to surpass 65°C before the computer freezes :(

OK - then the usual suspects:
- latest drivers for all components of the mobo (chipset, LAN, audio, storage)
- removing gpu driver with DDU in safe mode?
- latest BIOS
- running more than one virus scanner at a time?
- disable on startup or uninstall anything that isn't absolutely necessary - especially something like Discord
- run memtest86 for four passes and look for errors
- try running just one stick of ram at a time (if you have a set of two)
- if you run just the OCCT CPU test or just the OCCT GPU test can you make it lock up? do not run the psu test (it can kill systems)1
- do you have a second PCIe slot to try the card in?
- tried reloading Windows?

Nov 3, 2018

I came across this thread and it's basically the exact same issue where the GPU clock shoots up to 1900MHz but what I can't understand Is that I RMA'd the card.. the issue is exactly the same the bios version for the card shows up as F61 but when I look onto the website for updates there are only downloads for F3P and F3 versions?

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3744074/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080ti-aorus-xtreme-edition-constant-crashing.html

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N108TAORUS-X-11GD#support-dl-bios