[SOLVED] Gtx 1080 ti founders edition OC

Hossein taheri

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013
Hi,
I have a gtx 1080 ti founders edition , what all of us know is this cards is old so i am trying to help it last longer with a little bit of OC,
What i did was adding +160 on core and +500 on memory and a custom fan curve using msi afterburner, it did not crash or show any artifacts in
Unigine heaven and call of duty black ops cold war , but i wonder is it safe to use this oc for long term ? I am concerned more about vram , is it safe?

Solution
i dont want to push it further just wanted to make sure current state is safe to stay
Core and Memory clock is the most basic and safest overclock,when i OCed my card,i only messed around with Core and Memory clock,and the fan curve.
5-10FPS increase in GPU intensive games,situations.

Hossein taheri

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013
The whole point is to use the overclock for a long time on your gpu.
I'd say its stable if it doesnt have any artifacts/crashes.If you didnt touch the voltage temps should stay about the same as before the oc.
Is vram oc even beneficial? I heard vram on pascal gen have a feature called error correction , and also i heard if it doesn’t crash or show artiffacts it doesn’t necessarily means your vram oc is stable you are getting errors and error correction is handling it at this point you see no performance gain and and you may even loss performance and if you push your vram to hard you will overwhelm error correction then you will see symptoms.

Is vram oc even beneficial? I heard vram on pascal gen have a feature called error correction , and also i heard if it doesn’t crash or show artiffacts it doesn’t necessarily means your vram oc is stable you are getting errors and error correction is handling it at this point you see no performance gain and and you may even loss performance and if you push your vram to hard you will overwhelm error correction then you will see symptoms.
To be honest with you,i never owned a 1080Ti (maybe someday if i can grab it for a normal price) so i cant really tell you that.And overclocking isnt really that safe so i dont want you to do something that will mess up your card.If you are ok with how much you raised core and memory clock i would leave it there.Somebody with more experience can tell you how far you can push the Vram oc.

Hossein taheri

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013
To be honest with you,i never owned a 1080Ti (maybe someday if i can grab it for a normal price) so i cant really tell you that.And overclocking isnt really that safe so i dont want you to do something that will mess up your card.If you are ok with how much you raised core and memory clock i would leave it there.Somebody with more experience can tell you how far you can push the Vram oc.
i dont want to push it further just wanted to make sure current state is safe to stay

Reactions: Dj0gany