GTX 1080 TI, PC crash and now no signal to monitors.

Jun 2, 2018
I've owned my GPU for 2-3 months now and haven't experienced any issues until earlier today, when my PC froze whilst watching youtube, and then crashed. Upon trying to restart my computer, no signal was being detected in either of the two monitors I have; 1 connected via DP and the other HDMI. Not only this, but after a minute, my PC will then shut down again.

When I look inside the case, I can see the LEDs on the GPU are on and the fans are still spinning. I have replaced the 1080 TI with a spare 1050 TI and my computer starts up fine without any problems, which is how I'm writing this now.

My drivers are up to date with GeForce, and I have updated my bios which provided no results.

I haven't encountered any issues like this with the card since I got it, and haven't experienced anything whilst using my 1050, so I really hope the card isn't fried as it is fairly new.

Specs are:

i7-4790K
Z97 Gaming 5 MSI motherboard
Corsair RM1000 PSU
16GB Ballistix RAM

liamfuller45

Commendable
Jan 10, 2018
When I had this issue a couple of months ago it was my PSU from leaving my pc on for a long period of time so have you left yours on for a really long time? If not then it could be your ram sticks, CPU, MOBO, or your HDD so unless you have all these spare parts lying around to test it just bring it in to a pc repair place most of them offer a free evaluation.