[SOLVED] GTX 1080ti bottleneck and Monitor Recommendations

Mar 27, 2020
I was just wondering if the Ryzen 5 2600 would bottleneck a gtx 1080ti and what monitor would you recommend for that graphics card (Main games are CSGO AND COD warzone atm)

Solution
"Bottleneck" is a term that gets thrown around too often.
A 2600 is a solid pairing with a 1080TI.

Sure, a CPU with a stronger IPC could probably achieve slightly better results in some instances, depending on the resolution, that doesn't make the 2600 'bad'.

Every system has a limiting factor. What it is, will vary depending on specifics (resolution, in-game settings, refresh rate etc) and won't be the same in every game/workload.

IIRC, a 1080TI can push >200FPS at 4K max settings in CS:GO. So for that title, your limiting factor is going to be your monitor before anything else.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
"Bottleneck" is a term that gets thrown around too often.
A 2600 is a solid pairing with a 1080TI.

Sure, a CPU with a stronger IPC could probably achieve slightly better results in some instances, depending on the resolution, that doesn't make the 2600 'bad'.

Every system has a limiting factor. What it is, will vary depending on specifics (resolution, in-game settings, refresh rate etc) and won't be the same in every game/workload.

IIRC, a 1080TI can push >200FPS at 4K max settings in CS:GO. So for that title, your limiting factor is going to be your monitor before anything else.

Solution
Mar 27, 2020
Ye I know it would be a good pairing but was just wondering if it would be a worth it pairing or should i go with a gtx 1080 and save some money cause realistically im just trying to reach 144fps on warzone cause i know with both ill easily get 300+ fps on csgo.