[SOLVED] GTX 1080TI FTW3 or SC

Madhava2207

Commendable
Mar 31, 2017
I am getting a GTX 1080TI FTW3 and GTX 1080TI SC for the same price- $620. Which one should I buy? I have a Meshify C and will set up a custom loop in the future when I upgrade to a Ryzen 3000 series CPU from my current i5 7600. I cannot buy RTX graphics cards as they are very costly in my country, the cheapest RTX 2080 being $900. The same story goes for Radeon VII.
I cannot buy the SC2 variant of the GTX 1080TI due to unavailability of a water block.

Solution
Doesn't really matter, both are good cards. They will both perform almost the same.

FTW has slightly higher clock speed and 3rd fan, so seems like a better choice.

If those are second hand cards, i would buy the one with longer warranty.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
Doesn't really matter, both are good cards. They will both perform almost the same.

FTW has slightly higher clock speed and 3rd fan, so seems like a better choice.

If those are second hand cards, i would buy the one with longer warranty.

Last edited:
Solution

Madhava2207

Commendable
Mar 31, 2017
I found an RX Vega 56 Airboost OC for $359 with shipping. Should I pick it over the gtx 1080ti FTW3 for 630$? I would have to import both items.
Would the MSI warranty be valid in India, while the item is from the US?

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
1080 ti is 40-60% faster than vega 56.

So in terms of frame per dollar vega56 might be better buy, but in terms of pure performance it's a different class.

P.S. Airboost vega 56 sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

maziech

Respectable
Feb 18, 2019
I'm not familiar with it and not rly sure, but:

https://www.msi.com/page/warranty-condition

• Limited warranty service: Under the normal condition of use, the Company provides limited warranty service according to your Product and purchasing region. The Company carries out hardware free replacement warranty within warranty period after the date you purchase the device (but the warranty period for certain hardware is shorter; please refer to the following provisions).Where the user sends the device for repair after two years from the purchase, user shall pay parts and labor charges, as well the delivery expense ( collect & Return shipping charges).
So most probably You will have to send it back to US to Your seller and cover the shipping cost both sides as well. (maybe 2-3 months of waiting?)