GTX 1080ti + i78700k adn still drops to 30fps?

aryan826

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2015
hi all. i was just wondering why i am still struggling to get a solid 60 fps in quite a few games. i should have more than enough power to process the demand but it just not happening :(
main games i have been testing are 'Ghost recon: Wildlands' 'Rainbow 6 Siege' and fallout 4. (fallout is very heavily moded to improve its graphics and is not a very well optimised game anyway so i took that as liek a worst case scenario), wildlands is just a prity nice lookin game but i could never get it to be stable. and siege is stable o most settings but not with everything on max.

i am testing on both a 60Hz 2k monitor and a 60Hz 4K TV. (and still dont get solid 60FPS even on 2k)

any thoughts?

Solution
I ran GRW on a EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 I had at 4k max settings at roughly 43 FPS in the bench, just like I'd seen on YouTube videos doing the same bench with same hardware. And believe it or not, that was even with an old Nehalem i7-950 I still had at stock 3Ghz speed.

If that's ave FPS dropping to 30 though, something might be wrong somewhere. Make sure everything is OK with your refresh and vsync settings, and maybe try reinstalling drivers and DirectX and Visual Studio.

Let's clarify things though, when you say the FPS drops to 30, are you talking about the minimum frame dips, or average frame dips? It's two entirely different things, and it's normal to see min frames dip that low at 4K.

GRW is one of those games that cannot produce an...
I ran GRW on a EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 I had at 4k max settings at roughly 43 FPS in the bench, just like I'd seen on YouTube videos doing the same bench with same hardware. And believe it or not, that was even with an old Nehalem i7-950 I still had at stock 3Ghz speed.

If that's ave FPS dropping to 30 though, something might be wrong somewhere. Make sure everything is OK with your refresh and vsync settings, and maybe try reinstalling drivers and DirectX and Visual Studio.

Let's clarify things though, when you say the FPS drops to 30, are you talking about the minimum frame dips, or average frame dips? It's two entirely different things, and it's normal to see min frames dip that low at 4K.

GRW is one of those games that cannot produce an average 60 FPS at 4K on a 1080 Ti though, regardless of CPU. It will play at about 73 FPS average at 1440p, but at 4k mid 40s is normal for average FPS.

Solution
By 2k do you mean 1920x1080 or 2560x1600 ?

2048x1080 is the technical standard which is close enough to 1920x1080 to be nearly the same.

I ask because a drop to the 30 fps range is in the 0.1% and 1% minimum fps for 2560x1600 with Ultra Settings on Ghost Recon Wildlands with a Geforce 1080 (A step lower than yours but still comparable.)

https://thepcenthusiast.com/ghost-recon-wildlands-benchmark-review/2/

At 4k the fps for the 0.1% and 1% minimum fps is in the 20s range.

With current hardware it appears impossible to achieve a solid 60 fps at 4k on Ultra with Ghost Recon, even assuming perfect SLI scaling the minimum fps would double from 21 fps to 42 fps

aryan826

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2015
I actually haveny check for latest drivers yet :D i shod defo do that first. Will get on that tomorow.
As for the 2k monitor it is 2560×1440.
And most of these issues are not like min fps drops. It is like a stable fps. Depending where i am looking. Like i look 1 direction and i get solid 60fps. I turn arroumd and it just drops to 30 and stays there. (And that is in 2k not even 4k)

And finaly the fps change between max setings in seige and then just turning Antialiasing seting down my 1 was like 40fps increse.
We t from like 60 droping down to 30. Tona solid 90

drbones8472

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
Are you playing the games from a HDD or an SSD. Loading HUGE texture packets from games like Fallout 4 with the HD Texture mods can cut the fps in that game by large amounts just by running that game from a HDD.

What are you averaging on min, ave, max on the in game bench? At 1440p it should be roughly 73 FPS ave with max settings if not using vsync.

The reason you are seeing huge disparities with the direction you're looking is one way you look probably has WAY more objects in it. This can often be far off objects too, as the draw distance comes into play, which is one of the more resource hungry settings.

aryan826

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2015
Yah i gathered that those areas are more reasorce heavy. I was just questioing how my setup strugles with it. In game it sais i have used like 7gig of my VRAM and i still have like 5gig unused. Was just wondering how if i have so much free it isnt just using that for the extra load.

aryan826

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2015
i guess what i wana know is is just how cna i get a stable framrate with max settings. in wildlands (even in 2k but on 4k screen) i get about 45-65 fps on max setings which is alright but i get prity bad screen tearing. as soon as i tun on vsync it just drops it to like 30 fps. and i just dont understand why.