[SOLVED] Gtx 1080ti - Just got scamed, burnt parts (Can it be FIXED?)

Feb 12, 2020
Hello,
so I just bought used Asus GTX 1080ti Turbo, claimed to be fully functional... Well after recieving package, I´ve decided to clean cooler and found on PCB burnt parts. I haven´t try to plug the card yet so maybe it still works just not with all memory or Idk (probably not). Well the question is can anyone identify the burnt part, or had similar prob with his card. I´d like to solder new parts if I could get them somwhere.
Link for photo:
https://i.ibb.co/HBfHpxG/IMG-20200212-122809.jpg

Solution
You cant, the copper substrate is also destroyed, it is almost impossible to remake the traces. You must rewire manually the new routes, which ofc you cannot see them because of the big black burned area, which destroyed the original traces. I think you get the general idea.

oldcracc

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
Did you buy it on eBay? They have a money back guarantee if you receive a defective item. Same with most second-hand sites, yous should check if your covered over something like that. Anyways, I'm pretty sure you can't fix that, it looks pretty destroyed, whoever had this card probably abused it with mining.

Feb 12, 2020
Nah no guarantee, it´s local second-hand site.
I´ll try to figure what the component is (I assume some kind of VRM capacitor) and try to fix it just for the fun of it.
Well anyway I just throw away 400USD..

You cant, the copper substrate is also destroyed, it is almost impossible to remake the traces. You must rewire manually the new routes, which ofc you cannot see them because of the big black burned area, which destroyed the original traces. I think you get the general idea.

Reactions: Safarcikm
Solution