Gtx 1080ti on freesync monitor

amitdad.playboy99

Reputable
Jun 25, 2018
Recently i got a new pc with 1080ti but due to budget could not get a good display so had to get a 1080p 144hz 1ms freesync monitor that is a LG 24gm79g
A 1080ti will very well push all games above that framerate so i can utilise that refresh rate quit well but without gsync how much of disadvantage will i get and how can i compensate that for now
In future i will get a 1440p gsync panel but atlest now what should i do to get the best out of this card and monitor

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
Not really a whole lot. You'll still be able to utilize normal V-Sync options, you'll just be "stuck" at refresh rates that the monitor can provide instead of dynamically have it match the FPS of the GPU. And there's maybe a literal handful of games that even a 1080TI would struggle hitting 100+FPS at 1080p.

amitdad.playboy99

Reputable
Jun 25, 2018
Will i get any lag while running above or below 144hz with normal in game vsync on?
The monitor supports adaptive sync whats that is that of any use?
In some games like battlefield 1 and bf4 you can cap frame rates using .cfg files without using vsyn will that result in better image and reduce lag and screen tearing?