gtx 1080ti turbo vs strix

May 4, 2018
i am on a budget (alas it's not that tight but it exists) and i want to know which graphics card is better at gaming because that is primerly what i do... i do plan to overclock it a bit, answers are appriciated!

Solution
strix has better components, and stronger vrm than the turbo.
it also runs a aftermarket cooler, vs the reference-like style of the turbo.
personally, i would prefer the strix for the better component and better cooling (quieter too).
don't get me wrong, turbo version still has very decent component, but strix or any top end 1080ti are just classified as massive overkill.

the actual performance difference at likely to be around 5-10%.

i strongly against manual overclocking the turbo card, the card itself with gpuboost does a decent job on automatic overclocking. the issue is that the turbo version is not effective at reducing temperature, turn the fan @ very high speed do help, but it will sounds like a jet taking off. and there is...
strix has better components, and stronger vrm than the turbo.
it also runs a aftermarket cooler, vs the reference-like style of the turbo.
personally, i would prefer the strix for the better component and better cooling (quieter too).
don't get me wrong, turbo version still has very decent component, but strix or any top end 1080ti are just classified as massive overkill.

the actual performance difference at likely to be around 5-10%.

i strongly against manual overclocking the turbo card, the card itself with gpuboost does a decent job on automatic overclocking. the issue is that the turbo version is not effective at reducing temperature, turn the fan @ very high speed do help, but it will sounds like a jet taking off. and there is nothing you can help to balance both heat and noise with the turbo cooler,

Solution

TRENDING THREADS