GTX 1080ti Vs Next-Gen

Grantskys13

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Hey all, I'm still trying to decide whether its worth it to buy a GTX 1080ti right now for 900$~ or wait until the next generation. Also, any speculation as to when current GPU prices are gonna drop? Thanks for answering.

Solution
Prices will not drop so long as the demand is high.
Worth is something only YOU can determine.

When new cards appear, you can expect the flagship card to be very high in price if it can do significantly better than the current top card, the GTX1080ti.
And... that top card will be bid up to insane levels for those who have no budget limits.

If you nave a need now, buy now.
To hedge your bet a bit, buy a EVGA card. They have a 90 day free trade in option if you upgrade to a better card within 90 days.
Read the fine print.
Prices will not drop so long as the demand is high.
Worth is something only YOU can determine.

When new cards appear, you can expect the flagship card to be very high in price if it can do significantly better than the current top card, the GTX1080ti.
And... that top card will be bid up to insane levels for those who have no budget limits.

If you nave a need now, buy now.
To hedge your bet a bit, buy a EVGA card. They have a 90 day free trade in option if you upgrade to a better card within 90 days.
Read the fine print.

Solution

Grantskys13

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014

I see. I do agree that the new cards will be crazy priced for a while. I was actually looking at getting a Zotac! Amp Extreme Core because I can get one for 909$ and every EVGA GTX 1080ti is atleast 1k now.. but I may have to rethink. Totally forgot the EVGA upgrade option.