Question GTX 1650 - Frequent crashes/reboots

May 19, 2019
Recently purchased a GTX 1650 after my GTX 760 finally died on me. Never had crashing issues prior and now with the new card I have them quite frequently.

My CPU is Intel i7-4770k @ 3.50GHz.

I did a clean install of drivers/reinstalled drivers. I rolled my PC back. I updated windows 10. Not sure what is causing this as it doesn't do it with everygame. I know CSGO looks worse now even though my fps says it's at like 200+. it's kind of choppy? It crashes pretty often while playing ESO. Even Magic Arena it crashes, can't finish a match without my PC rebooting. CSGO/LoL never crash though, neither do any of my Blizzard products.

Any advice/help is appreciated, thank you for your time!

May 19, 2019
List the make and MODEL number of your power supply unit/PSU. What's the CPU and GPU temp value when the crash occurs, any idea ? Any signs of overheating ?

My GPU never gets over 55ish degrees and CPU is high, but it's just kinda steady. No signs of overheating. CPU usage is moderately high, but not maxed. I'll check my PSU. I think I have to pull it apart to look what it's at. I'll repost after, ty so much for responding, means a lot to me!

May 19, 2019
This might be the culprit. That's a not a very reputed PSU brand, and it looks like some basic unit. Poor/inferior quality, but it's a multi rail PSU. I won't recommend you to continue using this ACBEL PSU. I would surely advice to change this PSU for some other high-quality unit, and then re-test the GPU.
Awesome, thanks Metal Messiah! Any brand or type you'd recommend?

May 19, 2019
What's your budget for the PSU, and where do you live ? Because, the currency is also a deciding factor when it comes to any purchase of the PSU. Look for decent PSU models from Seasonic, BE quiet, EVGA, Corsair, Antec, FSP, PC power and cooling,, and other similar brands.

US - West Coast, no real budget, but would prefer to keep it under 100. The PC is around 6-7 years old so I'll probably end up getting a new one in the next couple of years anyways. I'll check out those brands, thanks again!

Reactions: Metal Messiah.