MamedovA

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
Hello ! I bought Gigabyte GTX 1650 ITX few days ago. And after this I have stutters in every game on any settings (I checked Call of Duty WW2, RE2 Remake, GTA V, Watch_Dogs 1 and Hitman 2). Earlier I had GTX 1050 2GB and decided to replace this because it haven’t enough VRAM. GTX 1050 hadn’t so much stutters, just didn’t have good textures because of VRAM.
I’ve deleted Nvidia Driver (using DDU), rebooted PC, installed new driver but still had the problem. After this I completely reinstalled Windows (10 Pro) and installed driver again, but stutters didn’t disappear.

My PC:
Windows 10 Pro x64 with 1903 Update
Asus P8H67-M LE
Intel Core i5-3470 3.2Ghz
Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB RAM DDR3
HDD:500GB 7200rpm by Seagate
External HDD: 500GB 5400rpm by Toshiba
Nvidia Driver: 430.86 WHQL

As I said again, GTX 1050 2GB didn’t have similar problem.

Also I found comparison against RX 570, where indicated stutters too:
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5pHnUgHVbk

P.S. CPU Loading in the games don’t go above 70%. GPU loading is 80-95% and drop to 0% when I see stutters (drops to 0 FPS)

PSU: Chieftec APS-500S

That's a very poor quality PSU. Replace it ASAP. This might be the culprit in your case, IMO. But I would surely avoid using this power supply on a GAMING PC. OR, Windows 10 OS itself might be the cause of all this stutter/lag/fps drops etc.

Anyways, PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from

• Diablotek
  • Chieftech
  • Circle
  • Sharkoon
  • Youngbear
  • Powercool
  • Rocketfish
  • Rave
  • Linkworld
  • Shuttle
  • Skyhawk
  • Foxconn
  • Wintech
  • Winpower
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration..
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....

MamedovA

Honorable
Mar 10, 2015
That's a very poor quality PSU. Replace it ASAP. This might be the culprit in your case, IMO. But I would surely avoid using this power supply on a GAMING PC. OR, Windows 10 OS itself might be the cause of all this stutter/lag/fps drops etc.

Anyways, PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp. Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Btw, this PSU list is NOT exhaustive, nor 100% accurate though, but at least it gives us some idea about the brand reputation, in the hierarchy list..BUT, make a note though. Despite Seasonic, XFX listed under the "arguably best brands" category by me, they have had pretty poor quality units as well. like the XT series, and SeaSonic S12II Series. There are more exceptions though...

Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies.

PSU brands to never buy from

• Diablotek
  • Chieftech
  • Circle
  • Sharkoon
  • Youngbear
  • Powercool
  • Rocketfish
  • Rave
  • Linkworld
  • Shuttle
  • Skyhawk
  • Foxconn
  • Wintech
  • Winpower
  • Apevia
  • Coolmax
  • Logisys
  • Sparkle
  • Raidmax
  • Zalman
  • Diablotek
  • Xilence
  • Tacens
  • iBALL
  • Zebronics.
  • Logisys.

• Average PSU brands (Not deadly but I would avoid them)
  • NZXT
  • Enermax
  • Cougar
  • Bitfenix
Good PSU brands (These psu brands have decent-great PSUs, but also have a few outliers)
  • EVGA
  • Corsair
  • Antec
  • Cooler master
  • Be quiet!
  • Fractal Design
  • SilverStone
  • FSP.
Arguably the best brands, but that's a slight exaggeration..
  • Seasonic
  • XFX
  • Superflower
Conclusion
Most power supplies you buy should be fine as long as you're not pushing them to the very limits. I obviously didn't include every OEM and re-seller but I listed the main ones. Pretty much all PSU manufacturers sell good and bad power supplies, it just takes a little reviewing and forethought into your system requirements before you make a selection....

Oh, thank you !
But just curious: so why my previous card worked well, if they both don’t need to be connected with pin and they both use low TDP ?

so why my previous card worked well, if they both don’t need to be connected with pin and they both use low TDP ?

I'm not saying that the PSU won't work on your system, but the chances of failure are high when using any low quality power supply. There is RISK factor involved. Just because your previous GPU worked fine, doesn't mean you should continue using that Chieftech PSU.

You don't know what a bad power supply might do to your PC components, in the long run. A low quality CAN damage the system. Though, you have been lucky till now, because using Chieftech PSUs is not recommend for gaming PCs.

I was just pointing out the dangers, and the build quality of that Chieftech PSU. I didn't say the power supply is INDEED the full culprit here, but to rule this out, it would be much better if you can get some other high quality PSU. Who knows the PSU is causing the stutters ?