[SOLVED] GTX 1650 SUPER Coil Whine Issue

Jun 26, 2020
Hello everyone! I just joined platform and I have a problem. I am having Coil Whine problem on my newly purchased MSI GTX 1650 SUPER Gaming X graphics card. As a person who always preferred MSI, I was extremely sorry.

My specs:
R3 1300X
VS650 650W 80+
8 GB HyperX DDR4 Predator 3000 MHz
B350 Tomahawk

It starts to sound directly under any game. It makes a sizzling sound. It is suppressing the game sound. FPS value does not matter. It sizzles at 30 FPS, or 120 FPS. What should i do?

I have no problem with my FPS values under load. It can only drop from time to time because of my bottleneck. But overall I am satisfied. I played Witcher 3 in Ultra settings (Hairworks enabled& 8) and my results are:
INef0TO.png

These are the values of the card after I play Witcher 3 for about 45-50 minutes. I guess the PCI-E and 6 pin voltages are normal. I guess there is no problem with GPU Voltage, right? Can you say a result based on this screenshot? Does it cause any problems to the card? Does it cause a serious problem?

If there is only a sizzling sound problem, I can bear it.
Thanks for your help.

Solution
Thank you for your help :) .
PSU's could absolutely be a factor to bad coil whine. The VS650 isnt that good of an unit but its hard to tell that replacing the unit would eliminate the coilwhine for the most part but it is possible.

I've had extremely bad coil whine caused by a lower tier psu and replacing the unit with a better quality one limited the coil whine alot. It might absolutely help if you replace your psu but its not guaranteed.

If its happening at 30fps you can try to RMA the card since coil whine isnt supposed to really happen if the card is hitting such low framerates but it wont harm your gpu though so if you can bare the coil whine you dont have to do anything as it wont affect your pc's life cycle nor the...
Jun 26, 2020
Coil whine has no fix. I experience that on 1050ti ebay for 100$..i can hear them buzzing sounds when gaming, but when browsing/stream its fine.

its pretty much a lottery card. U won a coil whine gpu.
Thank you. Well, do you think there is a problem with the voltage values in the screenshot I took? Is there a situation like PSU deficiency?

Thank you for your help :) .
PSU's could absolutely be a factor to bad coil whine. The VS650 isnt that good of an unit but its hard to tell that replacing the unit would eliminate the coilwhine for the most part but it is possible.

I've had extremely bad coil whine caused by a lower tier psu and replacing the unit with a better quality one limited the coil whine alot. It might absolutely help if you replace your psu but its not guaranteed.

If its happening at 30fps you can try to RMA the card since coil whine isnt supposed to really happen if the card is hitting such low framerates but it wont harm your gpu though so if you can bare the coil whine you dont have to do anything as it wont affect your pc's life cycle nor the performance of your build.

Reactions: Gokhan.
Solution
Jun 26, 2020

If its happening at 30fps you can try to RMA the card since coil whine isnt supposed to really happen if the card is hitting such low framerates but it wont harm your gpu though so if you can bare the coil whine you dont have to do anything as it wont affect your pc's life cycle nor the performance of your build.

As I understand it, the problem may be due to the power supply. However, if I use it until I change it, it will not have an impact on hardware life. So it won't hurt the GPU, right?