[SOLVED] GTX 1650 super or Rx 570

AbulSalsa

Prominent
Dec 29, 2019
In my country GTX 1650 super is cheaper than RX 570, which one should I buy. I already did watch some youtube vidoes comparing the two but most of them suggest that you should buy RX 570 because it's cheaper. So which one should I buy? also they also said that the Gtx 1650 super consumed less power than rx 570. please help :(( Thank you in advance! sorry for my bad english

Last edited:

JMF50

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Before you order that graphics card you should check and see if it is compatible with you motherboard. I have a GTX-1650 that won't run on a HP Pavilion which is a very new PC I got recently and oh yeah, don't get one of those either...just sayin'!

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Before you order that graphics card you should check and see if it is compatible with you motherboard. I have a GTX-1650 that won't run on a HP Pavilion which is a very new PC I got recently and oh yeah, don't get one of those either...just sayin'!

Prebuilt PCs often have compatibility issues, however assuming thats what the OP may have, and trashing on a card because thats what you DO have and that won't work with YOUR system not his, isn't very helpful or constructive. Maybe you should consider taking a step back and learning a bit more before offering advice here. Thanks for your cooperation.

Reactions: AbulSalsa

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
one reason I have the 1650S inbound is because I can get a short version, vs the 570. Maybe they exist, but I didn't see one. A short card should make fitment much less problematic (and hopefully I can plug in my front ports again). The lower power is another nice benefit. One reason I went with the super vs, the vanillia is that the super has and external power plug, so it shouldn't be an issue if the mobo can't handle the full 75 watts its supposed to supply to the PCIe slot. The 570 isn't drastically more, but at 150 watts, it is asking for all of the PCIe power and all of the rated 6 pin power. Now some PSUs can handle more power on a 6 pin and are basically 8 pins, but I honestly don't know how the cards power management is set-up. does it all go to a common 12v bus? no idea.

MOD EDIT: Reference removed, we don't need to encourage a thread hijack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AbulSalsa