[SOLVED] gtx 1650 super vs rx 5500 xt vs rx 580

Musaver

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
could you guys please help me decide on what gpu i should go for and id like to know which consumes less heat and has better cooling etc along with the price

Solution
The RX 580 is old, hot, and uses a lot of power. Definitely do not get the 580.

The 1650 super is efficient and of good value. I'd get a 1650 super.

The cooling ability of a GPU depends on what model you purchase. Different models have different cooling systems. Figure out which GPU you want to get, and then read reviews about he different versions to find out which ones have good cooling systems.
The RX 580 is old, hot, and uses a lot of power. Definitely do not get the 580.

The 1650 super is efficient and of good value. I'd get a 1650 super.

The cooling ability of a GPU depends on what model you purchase. Different models have different cooling systems. Figure out which GPU you want to get, and then read reviews about he different versions to find out which ones have good cooling systems.

Solution

Musaver

Reputable
Jan 12, 2020
yea am definitely gonna decide between the gtx 1650 s vs rx 5500 xt am also hearing that the 5500 xt should be getting better on par with 1660 due to their drive updates

AMD cards generally have inferior drivers/software to Nvidia cards so I would not count on improved software over time to tip the scales in the 5500 xt's favor.

People usually buy AMD because they either get higher performance per $ or because the price is cheaper overall; AMD sells cards because they do it cheaper.

Nvidia generally has better software/drivers and a more satisfied user base. Nvidia cards are also almost always more efficient and run cooler/quieter compared to AMD cards everything else being the same.