arfiavenger

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Hello everyone i want to know which gpu should i buy gtx 1650 super or rx 580 or wait for rx 5500 , i have asus strix gtx 960 2gb and i5 8400 and z370 aorus ultra gaming mobo . I think my cpu is good enough for each of them and i am planning to use this rig for more 2-3 years then i will build a whole new rig. So which one can run games on med-high for atleast 2 year , i am usually play six siege which run fine on gtx 960 lowest settings like around 100-120fps so not problem here but i am looking to play games like breakpoint , division 2 , rdr2 , death stranding , dying light 2 , cyberpunk 2077 and other current and upcoming AAA games . I forgot to mention i have 1080p 60hz monitor and sorry for my bad english ...

Solution
Thanks for replying. Its 8 months old so its in warantee. Now its a good buy ? or still its a risk ?
What about Galax gtx 1060 6Gb ? Its a used card someone near me selling it for 8500 INR , Gtx 1650 super is for 14000 INR (NEW).

That is a fair price and yes you will have no warranty but, to be honest, if it's coming from a gamer and not someone coin farming it's probably fine. Buying used always comes with a risk, that goes with anything including cars and houses. In compensation of a lower price you take the gamble that things will go the way you want, if this is something you can handle then a 1060 6GB is right on par with an RX 580 and 1650 super.

GPU's typically will last many years if used properly, the one...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
I would wait until you can see a valid review of the RX 5500. They claim it will offer relatively the same performance as an RX 580, so it's a matter of if that relative performance is a little better of a little worst than an RX 580.

The release date is supposed to be Dec 12 so you should see a review coming in this week if that information is correct.

arfiavenger

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I would wait until you can see a valid review of the RX 5500. They claim it will offer relatively the same performance as an RX 580, so it's a matter of if that relative performance is a little better of a little worst than an RX 580.

The release date is supposed to be Dec 12 so you should see a review coming in this week if that information is correct.
What about Galax gtx 1060 6Gb ? Its a used card someone near me selling it for 8500 INR , Gtx 1650 super is for 14000 INR (NEW).

DSzymborski

Titan

It's a fair price, but take into consideration that it's not actually cheaper, you're just paying a portion of your money in risk instead. It could very easily die next week and leave you out more than half a GTX 1650.

Reactions: arfiavenger

DSzymborski

Titan
Thanks for replying. Its 8 months old so its in warantee. Now its a good buy ? or still its a risk ?

No, you don't have a warranty. Unless your GPU has a transferable limited warranty for second-hand purchasers, typically whether a warranty is honored is at the discretion of the company, which is far from a guarantee.

Galax's warranty for GPUs (bold is mine):

This warranty is only valid if the product:
  • 1. Was installed per GALAX instructions;
  • 2. Was not damaged during installation or removal from the computer;
  • 3. Was not damaged by software or hardware, including software or hardware incompatibility;
  • 4. Was maintained and operated under conditions of normal use in accordance with GALAX specifications;
  • 5. Was not damaged by overclocking or modification by someone other than GALAX.
  • 6. You are the original purchaser and have provided proof of purchase evidencing the date of purchase (sales receipt or invoice), place of purchase, purchase price, item number or ID, and original packaging and accessories.

DSzymborski

Titan
Zotac is the same. Zotac India's warranty, with the bold-face again mine:

· The warranty policies detailed within this page only apply to ZOTAC products purchased within INDIA. For purchases from other regions, please consult the ZOTAC Global warranty page.

· Warranty claims will be serviced through the repair or replacement of the defective product, with ZOTAC ASP discretion over the option to repair or replace. Any replacement product will be based on performance equal or greater than the original product, at the discretion of ZOTAC INDIA.

· Products must be purchased as new from an authorized ZOTAC reseller. Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the product and cannot be transferred. Products purchased as secondhand or used, or from auction sites, do not carry any warranty.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

That is a fair price and yes you will have no warranty but, to be honest, if it's coming from a gamer and not someone coin farming it's probably fine. Buying used always comes with a risk, that goes with anything including cars and houses. In compensation of a lower price you take the gamble that things will go the way you want, if this is something you can handle then a 1060 6GB is right on par with an RX 580 and 1650 super.

GPU's typically will last many years if used properly, the one thing you have to concern yourself with is reapplying thermal paste on the cooler and replacing fans around 1-2 years with some brands.

Solution

arfiavenger

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

GPU's typically will last many years if used properly, the one thing you have to concern yourself with is reapplying thermal paste on the cooler and replacing fans around 1-2 years with some brands.
How zoatc will know i am a second hand buyer not original buyer ? He has bill and he will give bill to me here in india shopkeeper just ask for bill to claim warantee and send it to service center. And yes he is a gamer and i can test the gpu before buying so if there is anything to test gpu is fine or just i need to play some games?

DSzymborski

Titan
How zoatc will know i am a second hand buyer not original buyer ? He has bill and he will give bill to me here in india shopkeeper just ask for bill to claim warantee and send it to service center. And yes he is a gamer and i can test the gpu before buying so if there is anything to test gpu is fine or just i need to play some games?

I'm not sure how your shopkeeper works, but in my experience, shopkeepers aren't typically keen on committing consumer fraud and even if one doesn't mind, they also like to stay on the good side of their suppliers. That shopkeeper may want other Zotac products to get RMAs in the future.

arfiavenger

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I'm not sure how your shopkeeper works, but in my experience, shopkeepers aren't typically keen on committing consumer fraud and even if one doesn't mind, they also like to stay on the good side of their suppliers. That shopkeeper may want other Zotac products to get RMAs in the future.
Ok thanks for your help , looks like i need think a little more before buying used card.One more question out of the topic , i saw some benchmarks of rdr2 and amd cards were performing way better than nvidia like 1060 6gb was on 38fps avg and rx 570 was 43 and rx 580 was 50fps. Its just rdr2 favours amd cards or amd cards are more powerful or more futerproof as its a latest game

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador

If the buyer didn't go about the registration process which a surprisingly large amount of people don't, then all you need is the receipt and you can register the card yourself. All warranties start at the point of sale for the first person that registers.

If the buyer did register then if asked you would need to provide their name and email plus the receipt, you can then tell them "The manufacturer" to send the status info to a new email " Yours".

Like it or not they have to prove you're a 2nd owner, if the original owner is in agreement then well nothing they can do about it other than fix their faulty product still in warranty.

Reactions: arfiavenger

arfiavenger

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
If the buyer didn't go about the registration process which a surprisingly large amount of people don't, then all you need is the receipt and you can register the card yourself. All warranties start at the point of sale for the first person that registers.

If the buyer did register then if asked you would need to provide their name and email plus the receipt, you can then tell them "The manufacturer" to send the status info to a new email " Yours".

Like it or not they have to prove you're a 2nd owner, if the original owner is in agreement then well nothing they can do about it other than fix their faulty product still in warranty.
Ok i will ask him about the registeration process and thanks for the info . One more thing there is no buyer name on the bill (Billed to section is blank ).

Last edited: