Question GTX 1650 with a I5-4670K?

sxnnermane

Commendable
Sep 18, 2021
I'm planning to upgrade my GT 1030 to a GTX1650, I have 8GBs of RAM and a I5-4670K CPU, also 400W power supply.

I was thinking about getting a GTX1050TI but I'd rather have a better GPU the GTX1050 Isn't doing good In most games, while THE GTX1650 will do better.
So what are is the overall experience, what can you guys tell me, what performance will I get and Is it a good idea?

A lot depends on your expectations. Older and easier to run games will be ok with your cpu and RAM. However more demanding games are going to struggle regardless of gpu choice. I had a 4670k overclocked to 4.2GHz and 16gb RAM until 3 years ago. That cpu was showing its age back then with some games running poorly or barely at all. Other games ran well.

sxnnermane

Commendable
Sep 18, 2021
A lot depends on your expectations. Older and easier to run games will be ok with your cpu and RAM. However more demanding games are going to struggle regardless of gpu choice. I had a 4670k overclocked to 4.2GHz and 16gb RAM until 3 years ago. That cpu was showing its age back then with some games running poorly or barely at all. Other games ran well.
I know that a lot of newer titles won't run that well, but my the videos I've seen, they showed me avrg 40-50 FPS on newer titles some ran well on 60 FPS, so I don't know.

I was thinking about playing games from 2016-2019 at that year gap, I think most games will run well.

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
I'm planning to upgrade my GT 1030 to a GTX1650, I have 8GBs of RAM and a I5-4670K CPU, also 400W power supply.

I was thinking about getting a GTX1050TI but I'd rather have a better GPU the GTX1050 Isn't doing good In most games, while THE GTX1650 will do better.
So what are is the overall experience, what can you guys tell me, what performance will I get and Is it a good idea?
You can get 1650 super for a little more money, i would try to get that, there is a big performance difference

I know that a lot of newer titles won't run that well, but my the videos I've seen, they showed me avrg 40-50 FPS on newer titles some ran well on 60 FPS, so I don't know.

I was thinking about playing games from 2016-2019 at that year gap, I think most games will run well.
As long as you manage expectations. The problem ones that spring to mind are BF1 multiplayer which is a 2016 release, could get reasonable fps running around but as soon as a gun fight started the game would suffer fps drops and stutter, it wasn’t enjoyable. Gears 5 wasn’t even playable with <25fps even doing the tutorial. However other games ran well, don’t remember any problems getting 60+ fps in the COD’s I played on that system. Project Cars ran well as long as the race didn’t have rain, then it struggled.

sxnnermane

Commendable
Sep 18, 2021
As long as you manage expectations. The problem ones that spring to mind are BF1 multiplayer which is a 2016 release, could get reasonable fps running around but as soon as a gun fight started the game would suffer fps drops and stutter, it wasn’t enjoyable. Gears 5 wasn’t even playable with <25fps even doing the tutorial. However other games ran well, don’t remember any problems getting 60+ fps in the COD’s I played on that system. Project Cars ran well as long as the race didn’t have rain, then it struggled.
What specs did you have? I have the same I5-4670K and a GT1030 and i run the game on 60 FPS on some maps, some maps do suffer tho, depends on the action, but I blame mostly the GPU.

What specs did you have? I have the same I5-4670K and a GT1030 and i run the game on 60 FPS on some maps, some maps do suffer tho, depends on the action, but I blame mostly the GPU.
I was using a GTX780 and would adjust game settings. As I said, many games would run well but I began running into games where a cpu with 4 average cores/threads just wasn’t enough. The cpu would be pegged at 100% or close on all cores while the gpu was sitting much lower.

sxnnermane

Commendable
Sep 18, 2021
I was using a GTX780 and would adjust game settings. As I said, many games would run well but I began running into games where a cpu with 4 average cores/threads just wasn’t enough. The cpu would be pegged at 100% or close on all cores while the gpu was sitting much lower.
yeah for example Insurgency Sandstorm runs okayish sometimes, but both CPU and the GPU sucks for me, I always get stutters.
but I don't know, I watched some videos and paring a GTX1650 with an I5-4670K wasn't that bad, I'm not planning to play newest games anyways, so.

TRENDING THREADS