[SOLVED] Gtx 1650s or rx580 (8gb)

Solution
RX 580 is akin to being about a 2060, or between a 2060 and a 2060 Super.
A lot more powerful than a 1650 Super.

That's just how AMD is, they offer great performance at lower cost, but with more power draw from the hardware and missing fancy features that NVIDIA gets to have.

NVIDIA gets to have the lower power requirements for the hardware which means it'll run cooler, and has things like NVENC which is a dedicated encoder chip built onto the card for encoding purposes in things like game recording, streaming, shadowplay, etc.

If all you care about is gaming and not looking to try and do streaming or anything like that, then get the 580.
Better FPS to $$ ratio overall, assuming you have a power supply that is of decent build quality...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

That's just how AMD is, they offer great performance at lower cost, but with more power draw from the hardware and missing fancy features that NVIDIA gets to have.

NVIDIA gets to have the lower power requirements for the hardware which means it'll run cooler, and has things like NVENC which is a dedicated encoder chip built onto the card for encoding purposes in things like game recording, streaming, shadowplay, etc.

If all you care about is gaming and not looking to try and do streaming or anything like that, then get the 580.
Better FPS to $$ ratio overall, assuming you have a power supply that is of decent build quality and is 500w or more and will have the necessary power connectors for your 580 of choice.

I hope you're using PCPP to get the best deal for the card new, otherwise if living in a country where you can't use the PCPP site, I hope regardless you've done your homework and are getting the right card for the best price and that your system can support running the card.

Solution

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
me while playing wow on HTPC @ 60fps (since the TV is 60hz) there was no point having more fps.. doesnt consume that much power... more fps = more power consume. so its better to match your fps with your monitor refresh rate.. it give benefits of
less power consume, produce low heat and lower gpu temperature, which make your gpu lifespan longer..

bZfmtRi.jpg

May 19, 2020

Better FPS to $$ ratio overall, assuming you have a power supply that is of decent build quality and is 500w or more and will have the necessary power connectors for your 580 of choice.

I hope you're using PCPP to get the best deal for the card new, otherwise if living in a country where you can't use the PCPP site, I hope regardless you've done your homework and are getting the right card for the best price and that your system can support running the card.
Thank you, I decided to go with rx580 I'm not planning of streaming and the power draw is not a problem for me.

The RX 5700 XT is 10-15% faster than an RTX 2060. The GTX 1650 Super is faster than the RX 580 by around 10-25% depending on the game and resolution. The GTX 1650 is about 15-25% slower than the GTX 1060 6GB which is also slower than an RX 580.

Should I get the gtx 1650s or the rx580 (8gb) both are the same price?
Get the GTX 1650 Super if you don't plan to play at higher than 1080p resolution.