[SOLVED] Gtx 1650S vs gtx 1660

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2020
I was going to get a gtx 1660 but I'm not entirely sold when I can get the gtx 1650S for £40 less so I'm not sure if it's worth the slight upgrade or if there's any better cards around £150ish they'd also be appreciated

Solution
I was going to get a gtx 1660 but I'm not entirely sold when I can get the gtx 1650S for £40 less so I'm not sure if it's worth the slight upgrade or if there's any better cards around £150ish they'd also be appreciated
Obviously go for GTX 1660 since it has more VRAM for 2K gaming. And it also give more fps than the GTX 1650 Super.
Check this vid
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUcuCZ-iMY&ab_channel=BENCHMARKSFORGAMERS

But I recommend for you to wait awhile until the RTX 3000 series come out. I'm sure lot's of people will sell their GPU to get newer one for damn cheap price.
For a budget of £140 i would look on the used market, you can easily find a 1070(Ti) or maybe even a 1080 for that price since people are mass selling their gpu's due to the release of the 3000-series cards that just dropped.

In my country there has been sold 2060super's for around 150 pounds aswell.

Sep 4, 2020
For a budget of £140 i would look on the used market, you can easily find a 1070(Ti) or maybe even a 1080 for that price since people are mass selling their gpu's due to the release of the 3000-series cards that just dropped.

In my country there has been sold 2060super's for around 150 pounds aswell.
Okay thanks a lot I'll check them out :)

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
Obviously go for GTX 1660 since it has more VRAM for 2K gaming. And it also give more fps than the GTX 1650 Super.
Check this vid
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUcuCZ-iMY&ab_channel=BENCHMARKSFORGAMERS

But I recommend for you to wait awhile until the RTX 3000 series come out. I'm sure lot's of people will sell their GPU to get newer one for damn cheap price.

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
normally i'd disagree with waiting to buy used but if the announced prices hold, the used 2000 series cards are gonna have to be sold cheap since similar performance will be decently priced.

i don't expect this to happen though until near the end of the year as prices always start higher than "normal" and stock will be very limited right off to the current global corona crisis. stories are already coming out saying as much and we know how price gouging works by now when stock is low.

if you need something now and think you might want more in 6 months or so, then i'd go for the 1650 super for now. then sit on cash until the used cards flood the market and nab a 2070/80 when the time comes.

if you will buy now and not upgrade for a year or so, then the 1660/super is the better buy for better performance now

Status
Not open for further replies.