[SOLVED] [SOLVED] GTX 1660 Broken After Visual Glitch

Dec 2, 2020
Solution: Disable and Re-Enable the card in Device Manager, then restart your computer.

So, I was playing Minecraft, and randomly my computer screen went black for a second and then there were random textures floating in the sky. When I closed minecraft to restart it, I noticed my wallpaper was black.

After that, Minecraft loaded fine, all I had to do was refresh the audio, which was already weird since the audio only gets corrupted if there is too much happening at once. After a while, I shut off my computer.

A few hours later, I turned on my computer again to a pleasant surprise. My graphics card was nonexistent. My computer thought I didn't have one, it was just..., missing. I tried different things like restarting my computer, checking my card itself, and a bunch of other things that could resolve it. Nothing worked.

After a while, I assumed my card was internally damaged somehow, possibly by a surge in power. My CPU isn't that good, and it always amazes out at 100%. When the texture glitch that started this all happened, I had "Voicemeeter Banana", "OBS", "Lunar Client/Minecraft", and "Discord" open. I was using OBS as a virtual camera, so it was streaming directly into Discord when this happened. What I believe happened is that my CPU tried to go over 100%, since every task I had running were important tasks, and it sent a surge through my motherboard into my GPU, which may explain the screen turning black.

If anybody knows if there's a fix to this other than a completely new card, I would appreciate it, thanks!

Last edited:
So, I was playing Minecraft, and randomly my computer screen went black for a second and then there were random textures floating in the sky. When I closed minecraft to restart it, I noticed my wallpaper was black.

After that, Minecraft loaded fine, all I had to do was refresh the audio, which was already weird since the audio only gets corrupted if there is too much happening at once. After a while, I shut off my computer.

A few hours later, I turned on my computer again to a pleasant surprise. My graphics card was nonexistent. My computer thought I didn't have one, it was just..., missing. I tried different things like restarting my computer, checking my card itself, and a bunch of other things that could resolve it. Nothing worked.

After a while, I assumed my card was internally damaged somehow, possibly by a surge in power. My CPU isn't that good, and it always amazes out at 100%. When the texture glitch that started this all happened, I had "Voicemeeter Banana", "OBS", "Lunar Client/Minecraft", and "Discord" open. I was using OBS as a virtual camera, so it was streaming directly into Discord when this happened. What I believe happened is that my CPU tried to go over 100%, since every task I had running were important tasks, and it sent a surge through my motherboard into my GPU, which may explain the screen turning black.

If anybody knows if there's a fix to this other than a completely new card, I would appreciate it, thanks!
"
What I believe happened is that my CPU tried to go over 100%, since every task I had running were important tasks, and it sent a surge through my motherboard into my GPU, which may explain the screen turning black."

I tend to doubt this.....but I do think there's a really good chance the card failed. Due to some things you mentioned like floating textures...and the fact that it's not showing up.

Dec 2, 2020
"
What I believe happened is that my CPU tried to go over 100%, since every task I had running were important tasks, and it sent a surge through my motherboard into my GPU, which may explain the screen turning black."

I tend to doubt this.....but I do think there's a really good chance the card failed. Due to some things you mentioned like floating textures...and the fact that it's not showing up.
Is there any way to recover the card? I really don't want to be bothered buying a new card.