[SOLVED] Gtx 1660 GPU acting up.

Nov 26, 2020
I've had this PC for just under a year now, It's one of Dell's G5 series. It's worked great up until last week. The display would suddenly switch to a lower resolution and 30mhz instead of 60. After rebooting, it loads with the dell symbol but shows pixels. I'm fairly certain it's not my monitor(TV) because it works fine for anything else, also wondering how it could be the GPU as.. I just popped in a brand new one, and had the same issue but with green pixels instead of blue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Well there's not a lot left. Maybe the motherboard slot or the motherboard itself. If you can borrow a friends PSU, I'd try that first, as it's easier than swapping out a motherboard.

PSUs are like that - they work, then they don't. Questionable quality PSUs will die quicker.
Nov 26, 2020
Checked the cable, even tried it with different cables and monitors. Same issue. Not sure if the PSU would be it, as it worked for almost a year without any issue whatsoever.

Well there's not a lot left. Maybe the motherboard slot or the motherboard itself. If you can borrow a friends PSU, I'd try that first, as it's easier than swapping out a motherboard.

PSUs are like that - they work, then they don't. Questionable quality PSUs will die quicker.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS