[SOLVED] GTX 1660 or GTX 1070

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
Hey, I need some suggestion from you to help me choose the GPU upgrade for my PC (GTX 1660 or GTX 1070). The important thing is, MY BUDGET IS SO TIGHT, so don't say something like "... just buy RTX 2060, RTX 2070, you only need to add $ dollars", and also, I live outside US, so the shipping price is always need to be considered. Also, I can't use AMD GPU because I need to use my GPU for Deep Learning too, beside of gaming, which is not (fully) supported yet by AMD.

Solution
The thing is, the cheaper 1070 I found is a blower-style card from EVGA, which is (based on several online source) only good for small factor PC build
The blower style GPU's are typically better for smaller PC's due to lack of airflow but will still work fine in a full/mid ATX system. The only real downside to the blower is that they run a bit warmer and can be a bit louder then multi fan GPU's but unless you have a high ambient temp then it should be fine.

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Do you have a link? That doesn't sound right, as the only EVGA blower card I'm familiar with is actually NOT made for small form factor PCs.

On another note, if you're ordering from the US, the 1660Ti performs about equal to the 1070, but costs less. Frankly I don't know why the remaining 1070 cards are priced as high as they are.

WildCard999

Titan
The thing is, the cheaper 1070 I found is a blower-style card from EVGA, which is (based on several online source) only good for small factor PC build
The blower style GPU's are typically better for smaller PC's due to lack of airflow but will still work fine in a full/mid ATX system. The only real downside to the blower is that they run a bit warmer and can be a bit louder then multi fan GPU's but unless you have a high ambient temp then it should be fine.

Solution

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
Do you have a link? That doesn't sound right, as the only EVGA blower card I'm familiar with is actually NOT made for small form factor PCs.

On another note, if you're ordering from the US, the 1660Ti performs about equal to the 1070, but costs less. Frankly I don't know why the remaining 1070 cards are priced as high as they are.

I don't mean specifically the EVGA card, but generally blower-style card is only good for small form factor PC

rizzauliarahman

Prominent
Jul 17, 2019
How about the performance? Will it be affected?