-CPU : Intel i3-10105F / Intel Stock Cooler
-RAM: HP V2 (8x2) 16 GB 2666 MHz
-MOBO : ASUS PRIME H510M-R
-PSU : RedDragon RGPS-500W
-SSD : HP S650 480GB SATA III
-Case : Inter-Tech X-3601 Impulse Micro
-Windows 10 64-bits (latest version)
-1 Year Warranty
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have noticed that 2 of my games have these weird artifacts that sometimes can occur:
->CS:GO : After completing a match, in the lobby the artifacts begin with these weird little dots and the model disfigurment (VIDEO EXAMPLE :
View: https://youtu.be/2l9dyHzYus4
)
->GTA IV : It's a mess, many white dots that they're sometimes noticeable, with a black box sometimes appearing and going away very fast + THE GAME FREZZES every 10-15 minutes and you have to unfrezze it by alt tabbing and coming back , sometimes it's a black screen then goes back and sometimes it's a black screen and you can hear the Windows 10 device disconnected beep ( I can already tell it's the GPU). There's a fix that almost worked which is changing the game renderer to DVXK but the white dots remain in cutscene and the game freezes about 30-40 minutes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've tried to uninstall the drivers with DDU+NVCleanInstall and it fixed it, but I didn't like this since I need GeForce Experience and setting DDU up was a mess (I got a black screen after uninstalling the GPU drivers and I hardly recovered from that lol)
No other games have this problem beside these two.
What's the problem here ? And do I RMA it since I still got warranty ?

I'm guess you bought this through CyberpowerPC or iBuypowerPC, or a similar type company, as the part selection is pretty much all low end.

PNY has very spotty quality with their gaming cards, unlike their workstation graphics cards.

RedDragon PSU, VERY crappy.

HP memory in a "gaming" machine?

Inter-Tech case, which is something I've never heard of and is therefore generally going to be Asian market only or flea market quality.

If you purchased this a week ago and already have these problems, and likely it has never worked right at all since day one, I'd return the whole thing for a refund and look for something with better quality components, but at the very least since it's under warranty I'd damn well make sure they take it back to determine what is causing the artifacting and replace whatever it is or simply replace the whole machine.

Reactions: AForceGaming

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
I'm guess you bought this through CyberpowerPC or iBuypowerPC, or a similar type company, as the part selection is pretty much all low end.

PNY has very spotty quality with their gaming cards, unlike their workstation graphics cards.

RedDragon PSU, VERY crappy.

HP memory in a "gaming" machine?

Inter-Tech case, which is something I've never heard of and is therefore generally going to be Asian market only or flea market quality.

If you purchased this a week ago and already have these problems, and likely it has never worked right at all since day one, I'd return the whole thing for a refund and look for something with better quality components, but at the very least since it's under warranty I'd damn well make sure they take it back to determine what is causing the artifacting and replace whatever it is or simply replace the whole machine.
I generally have no problems with the machine, only the artifacting and I discovered that if you switch between GPU drivers you get different results

Graphics drivers OFTEN cause problems with weak or faulty power supplies. The very LEAST I'd recommend is replacing that PSU with something substantially better quality. Basically everything RedDragon sells including mice, keyboards, etc. is extremely cheap. It's power supplies are no different.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Graphics drivers OFTEN cause problems with weak or faulty power supplies. The very LEAST I'd recommend is replacing that PSU with something substantially better quality. Basically everything RedDragon sells including mice, keyboards, etc. is extremely cheap. It's power supplies are no different.
True, RedDragon is professional at making accessories not PSUs, I'll send the PC back and tell them what happens and hopefully they will find the problem

And, if you end up getting this or another similar system back, it would REALLY, REALLY be a good idea to plan now to replace that power supply with something that isn't likely to cumulatively damage your hardware or destroy something, because that's what cheap power supplies often do. It's not just "not working right" when it comes to these kinds of PSUs. It's, high levels of ripple and electrical noise, potentially destroying the capacitors on graphics cards, motherboards and other components, or protections that are either not present or poorly implemented, both of which can mean the destruction of one or more rather expensive components.

For a part that costs between 80-120 bucks depending on the model (In general), for a quality unit, it's simply not worth not only the risk of damaging far more expensive components but dealing with problems that you wouldn't be with a reasonable quality model. Now, the PSU might not even BE the problem in this case, but even if it isn't, this advice is STILL 100% valid. Just because it isn't causing THIS problem doesn't mean it isn't causing other problems or that it won't cause problems later. It's the most important component and if you value the rest of the hardware you paid for, you have to act like it is. Companies don't care. Shoving cheap power supplies into these prebuilt systems is a big part of where they can increase the margins in order to make more money off each unit sold.

Reasonably helpful advise at both links below:

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
And, if you end up getting this or another similar system back, it would REALLY, REALLY be a good idea to plan now to replace that power supply with something that isn't likely to cumulatively damage your hardware or destroy something, because that's what cheap power supplies often do. It's not just "not working right" when it comes to these kinds of PSUs. It's, high levels of ripple and electrical noise, potentially destroying the capacitors on graphics cards, motherboards and other components, or protections that are either not present or poorly implemented, both of which can mean the destruction of one or more rather expensive components.

For a part that costs between 80-120 bucks depending on the model (In general), for a quality unit, it's simply not worth not only the risk of damaging far more expensive components but dealing with problems that you wouldn't be with a reasonable quality model. Now, the PSU might not even BE the problem in this case, but even if it isn't, this advice is STILL 100% valid. Just because it isn't causing THIS problem doesn't mean it isn't causing other problems or that it won't cause problems later. It's the most important component and if you value the rest of the hardware you paid for, you have to act like it is. Companies don't care. Shoving cheap power supplies into these prebuilt systems is a big part of where they can increase the margins in order to make more money off each unit sold.

Reasonably helpful advise at both links below:

As you seen the specs , which power supply does the job ?

Ok, so I have no idea what retailers or online shops you can buy from, so you are basically going to need to use the Tier list at the second link I posted above or the recommendations from the guide I wrote to find a good model that is actually available to you where you live and where you can purchase from. Just as a very basic guide, the Corsair RM, RMx, TX, HX and AX, Seasonic Focus plus and Prime, Antec High current gamer and Earthwatts Gold, Super Flower Leadex II or III Gold, Thermaltake toughpower GF1 or Grand or EVGA G3, G7, P2 or T2 units are all very good. But that is a very short list of suitable units out there. The model is far more important than the "brand" so looking at the tier list should help you avoid getting something undesirable and you can always come here and ask about a specific model before buying it and I will tell you if it's a poor choice or not.

I'd be looking at 550-650w units for your application. It could likely run fine on a very good 450w unit but that would seriously limit you on any future upgrades to your graphics card.

Capacity requirements for card models can be found here: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Ok, so I have no idea what retailers or online shops you can buy from, so you are basically going to need to use the Tier list at the second link I posted above or the recommendations from the guide I wrote to find a good model that is actually available to you where you live and where you can purchase from. Just as a very basic guide, the Corsair RM, RMx, TX, HX and AX, Seasonic Focus plus and Prime, Antec High current gamer and Earthwatts Gold, Super Flower Leadex II or III Gold, Thermaltake toughpower GF1 or Grand or EVGA G3, G7, P2 or T2 units are all very good. But that is a very short list of suitable units out there. The model is far more important than the "brand" so looking at the tier list should help you avoid getting something undesirable and you can always come here and ask about a specific model before buying it and I will tell you if it's a poor choice or not.

I'd be looking at 550-650w units for your application. It could likely run fine on a very good 450w unit but that would seriously limit you on any future upgrades to your graphics card.

Capacity requirements for card models can be found here: http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm
Here are the best choices I could find :
COOLER MASTER MWE 450W V2 80+ BRONZE
NJOY TITAN+ 500W 80+ BRONZE
AEROCOOL LUX 550W 80 PLUS BRONZE RGB
COOLER MASTER MWE 550W 80+ WHITE

None of those are even remotely decent choices. If that is the best you can find, you're in for some more fun times.

At the VERY least, see if you can find a Corsair CX550/650 or CX550m/650m. Not a CX500. Not a CX600. Those are garbage. The newer 550 and 650 aren't terrific but they're lots better than the older CX models and moderately better than anything you listed there.

In a pinch, if you absolutely had to use one of those you listed, the MWE 450w V2 is probably the better option, but not by much, and it's not a great unit either.

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
None of those are even remotely decent choices. If that is the best you can find, you're in for some more fun times.

At the VERY least, see if you can find a Corsair CX550/650 or CX550m/650m. Not a CX500. Not a CX600. Those are garbage. The newer 550 and 650 aren't terrific but they're lots better than the older CX models and moderately better than anything you listed there.

In a pinch, if you absolutely had to use one of those you listed, the MWE 450w V2 is probably the better option, but not by much, and it's not a great unit either.
Corsair CX550/650 and CX550m/650m are out of stock, Maybe that MWE V2 would do the job ?
You know what ? Here are the stores that I can buy the PSUs from ;
  1. https://www.tunisianet.com.tn/423-boite-d-alimentation
  2. https://www.wiki.tn/c/boite-d-alimentation-135.html
  3. https://www.mytek.tn/informatique/composants-informatique/bloc-d-alimentation.html
Just choose for me

Any of these would be good choices. Since I don't know your budget I'm basing recommendations STRICTLY off quality and performance.

https://www.tunisianet.com.tn/boite...mentation-cooler-master-v550-80plus-gold.html

https://www.wiki.tn/boite-d-alimentation/alimentation-antec-earthwatts-gold-pro-750w-80-34129.html

https://www.wiki.tn/boite-d-aliment...-550w-80-gold-focus-plus-modulaire-31963.html

And in a pinch, I see that the Cooler Master MWE v2 550w and 650w are available on a few Tunisian sites. Those aren't totally terrible, just mediocre, but they will work if you had to go that route. They are definitely better than anything sold by RedDragon and are really just in the middle of the pack but at least they aren't terrible. If you can afford one of these others though, it would be a much better long term investment for you. Be aware that the MWE v2 units have THIS issue, which is really just an annoyance, not an actual "problem":

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Any of these would be good choices. Since I don't know your budget I'm basing recommendations STRICTLY off quality and performance.

https://www.tunisianet.com.tn/boite...mentation-cooler-master-v550-80plus-gold.html

https://www.wiki.tn/boite-d-alimentation/alimentation-antec-earthwatts-gold-pro-750w-80-34129.html

https://www.wiki.tn/boite-d-aliment...-550w-80-gold-focus-plus-modulaire-31963.html

And in a pinch, I see that the Cooler Master MWE v2 550w and 650w are available on a few Tunisian sites. Those aren't totally terrible, just mediocre, but they will work if you had to go that route. They are definitely better than anything sold by RedDragon and are really just in the middle of the pack but at least they aren't terrible. If you can afford one of these others though, it would be a much better long term investment for you. Be aware that the MWE v2 units have THIS issue, which is really just an annoyance, not an actual "problem":

Never thought that it would be about 200 $, I need to save some money then

Like I said, if you HAVE to, go with the MWE v2. It certainly isn't the best option and I don't advise it, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. If you feel you can save some money to get a unit that is actually more like an investment than a placeholder, that is a much better plan in my opinion but it's not my machine AND there are no guarantees that this is going to be the absolute fix for your problem but with a power supply like you have now there is literally almost no way of knowing without replacing it or swapping it out with a known good model. Just don't be too sad if you find there is still an issue to sort out. At least you won't have the worry of it being the power supply anymore and can move on to more directed troubleshooting, not to mention not having to worry about it destroying your hardware gradually or even in one big poof of magic smoke.

Reactions: AForceGaming

AForceGaming

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
I'm not very sure on this one but back then the cause of this artifacting wasn't because of the GPU or the PSU, it was because of the GeForce Overlay, becuase once I uninstalled GeForce Experience the artifacting is no more.

But this month when I reinstalled it back it didn't artifact so maybe this was NVIDIA's faulty drivers or something