Question GTX 1660 SUPER Low and Unstable FPS

Chehab.Ibrahim

Reputable
Jan 1, 2019
Hello. I've been having some major FPS problems with my new build (https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/cDbcBc)

When I first built it everything was fine. My FPS in Fortnite was constantly at a stable 120FPS and in GTA at high settings was at 75FPS (at 1280x1024).

Recently I took a video editing course and was advised by my teacher to install the NVIDEA Studio driver (for better performance in Premiere Pro) which I did. After finishing the course, I used DDU to uninstall the studio driver, and then reinstalled the Game Ready Driver. Thats when my issues began.

Constant FPS drops, unstable FPS, the whole 9 yards.

In GTA I can barely get 60FPS now, and in Fortnite it keeps fluctuating from 20-120-60 FPS, never stable. According to this video, this is far from what I should be getting: (350) RYZEN 5 3600 GTX 1660 SUPER FORTNITE SEASON 5 | 1080p 1440p 4K - YouTube

I've tried the following:
  • Fresh install of drivers, Windows, and game
  • DDU
  • I've made sure that everything is set to high performance in their respective control panel (High performance power plan in Windows and Prefer Maximum Performance in NVIDEA)

All leading to no avail

I don't know what it could possible be anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need any more information from me please let me know, I'd be more than happy to supply it

Chehab.Ibrahim

Reputable
Jan 1, 2019
Your problems started when you uninstalled to original driver and installed the so called gaming driver did you or did you not reinstall the original driver?

Okay let me rephrase what I said. When I built my PC I installed NVIDEA's Game Ready Drive, and it worked perfectly. I then took my video editing course and installed the Studio Driver. I did not game on the Studio driver, due to a lack of time. After finishing the course, I reverted back to the Game Ready Driver, and thats when I realized the issue was present