[SOLVED] gtx 1660 super not working on my g41m-combo v2.0

Herki Ellam

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2015
So i bought my old motherboard (my g41m-combo v2.0) new gpu, it work just find windows 10 at the start but when i installed drivers i just had no signal on my monitor,i even tryed fresh windows 7 ,everyting was fine at the start ,but again when install drivers monitor had no signal and even when i updated another windows 7 to 10 and after windows update with out istalling any drivers same thing happen when update was done. My old gpu amd radeon rx 260 oc work just fine,so what is going on,motherborad not supporting it ?plz help

i did try reset bios dident work,alllso disabled my motherboard gpu,still no luck
i find video about cpie freguency redusing or increasing,i tryed 110 but no luck lower one like 90 i havent try

cpu :xeon e5450 its modified to 775 socket (mabye this is the issue idk i do have a old dual core 2 still i can try with that if i really feel like takeing my pc pices again ;(
ram :2x 4gb 1333mhz ddr 3
psu ; coolmaster 600w, pcie connected offcorse
hdd: x2 1tb
monitor : lg 23m65 ips led and old asus vs 197d with vga witch still running great
allso im planing to build new rig with asrock B450M Pro4 motherboard ,ryzen 3600 and 2x 8gb ram ,and gtx 1660 super,hope this will work !

Solution
The wattage doesn't matter, quality does. That PSU is junk quality. It can easily die, and take your system with it. It simply is not worth the risk.

Herki Ellam

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2015
i allso tryed DDU by unitalling intel Integrated gpu drivers ,and allso nvidia ,reitalled drivers and same thing no signal

when i booted safemode i did seee devise manage taht my grapics card was there,i really neeed help plz

Herki Ellam

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2015
Newer graphics cards typically require a UEFI bios, which your old system will not have. The B450m will, though. Also, your PSU is very low quality, and should be replaced.
ok so the motherboard doesent work then,oh well i gues i have to wait couple more days to order my last pice for mynew rig,damn i was hoping i can test my old pc with new grapics card just to see how much better score i get on 3d mark and so on lol