jkwardex

Prominent
Mar 9, 2018
New here, a little query with my PC.
Intel DH87MC
Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz
8GB RAM DDR4 1536MHz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 2GB

Recently I bought a New PSU Corsair CX550, and replaced my CoolerMaster Thunder 500W. Planning to upgrade to a GTX 1660 Ti. My doubt is,
  1. Will the New PSU be enough for 1660Ti? Considering it has already been connected to a DVD-RW, A 2tb HDD, 2 fans along with the motherbaord.
  2. Is cx 550 a better choice than thunder 500w?
  3. Any other recommendations other than gtx 1660 ti? I was planning a rx580 but i can put 5k INR more and get a 1660ti

Help would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance

Solution
Thanks. Then I'm going for 1660 ti
Also, MSI has three versions of their cards, armour, venuts and gaming x. How are they different?
Armour is the cheap model, Ventus is the new cheap model and probably better than the armour, and Gaming X is the premium model. Cheaper models have smaller cooling heatsinks, slightly lower clock speeds, and the noise levels would be higher.
Thanks. Then I'm going for 1660 ti
Also, MSI has three versions of their cards, armour, venuts and gaming x. How are they different?
Armour is the cheap model, Ventus is the new cheap model and probably better than the armour, and Gaming X is the premium model. Cheaper models have smaller cooling heatsinks, slightly lower clock speeds, and the noise levels would be higher.

Solution

jkwardex

Prominent
Mar 9, 2018
Thanks a lot😄. I'll try for gaming x since its just 1k inr more than ventus model in b&h

Reactions: MrN1ce9uy

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I have the Armor OC and it is basically just an OC'd Ventus with a different backplate and supposedly better cooling.
My Armor OC's to 2085 Mhz and the Ventus maxes out around 2000 Mhz.
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-ventus-xs/33.html
The Gaming X is the best version 1660 Ti made by MSI and is slightly faster than my Armor.
It also has RGB and a metal backplate and OC's even higher than my Armor can.

Last edited: