[SOLVED] gtx 1660 ti power connector

Sep 23, 2019
i just bought the gigabyte gtx 1660 ti and it uses an 8pin connection but i don't have an 8 or 6+2 pin cable for my Thermaltake evo blue 650w (it have the port) and i can't find any cables that will work as most are female to male but i need male to male.

i do have a 8 pin to 6 pin so would an adapter work and if so would someone help located one

help with either would be appreciated

Solution
I wouldn't use an adaptor. If you have just 'lost' the cables then personally i'd go to a cable modder and get some cables made up. Do no use just any random modular cables that seem to fit, whilst there might be a physically correct fit, you can't know that electrically they are wired the same.
I wouldn't use an adaptor. If you have just 'lost' the cables then personally i'd go to a cable modder and get some cables made up. Do no use just any random modular cables that seem to fit, whilst there might be a physically correct fit, you can't know that electrically they are wired the same.

Reactions: dotas1
Solution
Sep 23, 2019

i'm not comfortable enough to do any cable modifying myself and they isn't any place that does it either anywhere even close to my city