Question GTX 1660 ti vs RTX 2060 / Help!!!

Jun 21, 2019
Ok, so there seems to be some conflicting opinions when it comes to choosing a GPU amongst my PC friends lol :D

I am looking to run a ryzen 5 2600 or ryzen 7 2700 in my new build and i have a 144 hz monitor and would usually play my games at 1920x1800 currently.

It seems that some believe that RTX is a little bit of a scam, whereas some believe that it will have a superior longevity in the years to come and is definitely worth the money?

Money is not too much of an issue but i wouldn't like to spend any more than the current price of the 2060 but keen to hear some thoughts and views when it comes to choosing between these 2 graphics cards to pair with the chips i have stated above.

Many Thanks :) - Whippet

Ok, so there seems to be some conflicting opinions when it comes to choosing a GPU amongst my PC friends lol :D

I am looking to run a ryzen 5 2600 or ryzen 7 2700 in my new build and i have a 144 hz monitor and would usually play my games at 1920x1800 currently.

It seems that some believe that RTX is a little bit of a scam, whereas some believe that it will have a superior longevity in the years to come and is definitely worth the money?

Money is not too much of an issue but i wouldn't like to spend any more than the current price of the 2060 but keen to hear some thoughts and views when it comes to choosing between these 2 graphics cards to pair with the chips i have stated above.

Many Thanks :) - Whippet

2060 is slightly faster. But I'm not sure it's worth the $75->$100 extra.

I do have concerns about the 6 Gig limitation of memory. At 1080p, 6Gigs will be fine now. But for any mainstream gaming rig, I would aim for 8 gigs. But in a couple years, 6 Gigs will start to become a limiting factor. (Especially if you want to use it for VR)

TRENDING THREADS