[SOLVED] GTX 1660it or RTX2060 for twin monitors

fobos8

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
Hi guys

I do a lot of CAD work and I've just built a new PC. I'd like to use 2 monitors (both 27" and 2560 x 1140).

I'll do CAD on 1 monitor and on the other I'll do less resource-intensive stuff like viewing photos. My CPU is Ryzen 3700x so I don't have onboard graphics.

My motherboard is MSI Mortar B450m max.

Will a GTX 1660ti be okay for the two monitors or do I need something more powerful?

Cheers, Andrew

Solution
CAD Software honestly doesn't need a lot of horsepower to work, and even less so for dual monitor. You will be fine with even cheaper cards like a GTX 1650 or RX 480, each of which can range from 80-150$. If you plan to game once in a while however then a 1660 Super would be an effective cheaper option than a 1660Ti. It provides near 1660Ti performance at a lesser price.

What you really need to lookout for is if the card you're getting has multiple video output ports. Make sure the ports will be the same as the ones on your monitor.
CAD Software honestly doesn't need a lot of horsepower to work, and even less so for dual monitor. You will be fine with even cheaper cards like a GTX 1650 or RX 480, each of which can range from 80-150$. If you plan to game once in a while however then a 1660 Super would be an effective cheaper option than a 1660Ti. It provides near 1660Ti performance at a lesser price.

What you really need to lookout for is if the card you're getting has multiple video output ports. Make sure the ports will be the same as the ones on your monitor.

Solution