Nov 22, 2019
I bought MSI Gaming GL63 9SDK-802IN 2019 16-inch Laptop
It got i7 9750 H CPU
GTX 1660 Ti
16 GB Ram

When I play GTA 5 with this specs at max settings I barely get 15-25 FPS
I saw videos on YouTube about gaming performances with similar specs and they get 100+ FPS at max settings how to fix it please

Last edited:
Solution
First and foremost, YouTube videos shouldn't be the end all, be all source for proof on right or wrong. If that were the case, then Linus Tech Tips knows what he's doing.

That being said, have you tried uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest from Nvidia's support site? Can you check and see if you have BIOS updates pending for your laptop? On anther note, which version of Windows 10 are you currently on?

Lutfij

Titan
First and foremost, YouTube videos shouldn't be the end all, be all source for proof on right or wrong. If that were the case, then Linus Tech Tips knows what he's doing.

That being said, have you tried uninstalling your GPU drivers using DDU and reinstalling your GPU drivers with the latest from Nvidia's support site? Can you check and see if you have BIOS updates pending for your laptop? On anther note, which version of Windows 10 are you currently on?

Solution
Nov 22, 2019

I am on windows 10 home version
I have not tried uninstalling gpu drivers using DDU though I have updated NVIDIA driver using GeForce App to latest version
My bios version is E16P7IMS.10E

Nov 26, 2019
Hi.

Have you solved this issue? I accidentally found this thread when browsing the internet, looking for laptop recommendation.

I think I know what the issue is, you're playing with your Intel integrated graphic. Every processors nowadays have one. You might want to open Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings > change preferred graphic processor from Auto-Select to High-performance Nvidia processor. That way, no matter what game you play, your laptop will automatically use your Nvidia rather than Intel.

My laptop has 6th generation i7 and GTX950M yet it's able to run GTA 5 on high settings. Heck, I can also run RDR 2 and I'm sure yours would do way, way, way better than mine.

Hope this solves your issue. Also, don't forget to keep your graphic driver updated.