Question GTX 1660Ti vs RTX 2060

Apr 21, 2019
So i am on a tight budget right now.....and i am a little confused between for what gpu should i opt for
Would you guys suggest me 1 between these two the GTX 1660Ti vs RTX 2060?

pivodrums

Prominent
Feb 10, 2018
rtx 2060 isn't much faster than gtx 1660 Ti so if you don't need ray tracing technology, go for 1660 Ti, it's better price-performance.
Especially if you are gaming on 1080p.
For 1440p definitely 2060 or even 2070 if you can afford it.

Metal Messiah.

Notable
Mar 28, 2019
OP, what's your Monitor's screen resolution, and refresh rate ? 1080p, 2K ? The RTX is obviously faster, but you need to decide whether it would be worth spending that extra money right now, for RAY TRACING and DLSS, which very few PC games support, as of now.

But the card will also help you in non-ray tracing games though. But, how well some of the upcoming Games will actually perform on a TURING GPU, with Real time ray tracing and DLSS, still remains to be seen. I think it will take at least another 2-3 years for this whole RTX technology to become mainstream.

As of now, few PC titles are going to take full advantage of this new RTX feature, provided Game developers adopt and implement ray tracing, and DLSS deep learning AA in games as well. Still, it's good to see new Tech being released. With time things might settle down a bit, and the performance gain might be there when DLSS and Ray Tracing features are enabled.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Hooker
Apr 21, 2019
OP, what's your Monitor's screen resolution, and refresh rate ? 1080p, 2K ? The RTX is obviously faster, but you need to decide whether it would be worth spending that extra money right now, for RAY TRACING and DLSS, which very few PC games support, as of now.

But the card will also help you in non-ray tracing games though. But, how well some of the upcoming Games will actually perform on a TURING GPU, with Real time ray tracing and DLSS, still remains to be seen. I think it will take at least another 2-3 years for this whole RTX technology to become mainstream.

As of now, few PC titles are going to take full advantage of this new RTX feature, provided Game developers adopt and implement ray tracing, and DLSS deep learning AA in games as well. Still, it's good to see new Tech being released. With time things might settle down a bit, and the performance gain might be there when DLSS and Ray Tracing features are enabled.
1080p 144hz monitor screen