[SOLVED] GTX 2080ti Causing Computer to Restart

Nov 9, 2018
Ever since getting my 2080ti, I've had restart issues with my computer. I didn't experience this issue at all prior to installing it, and after reverting back to my 1070, I've had no issues.

For example, I tried booting up the new Call of Duty and after about 20 seconds my computer restarted. After playing/streaming World of Warcraft for about 30-40 minutes, my computer restarted. When I tried to load up WoW again, it restarted not long after. I had to wait about 20-30 minutes before I was able to boot everything without it restarting again. It's also worth nothing that I have two 4k monitors, and is one of the primary reasons for me spending money to get the 2080 ti.

my CPU specs are:
i7700k
750w PSU
GTX 2080ti
CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum Series 32GB
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code LGA1151

Solution
I would say your PSU is tripping. in-game Computer reboots are usually do power loss / drop. Yes the RTX have problems dying, but this isn't it.

The RTX 2080 TI draws nearly 300watts under load. The 1070 will maxes out at 150. If you have cheap or old PSU, you are probably tripping it. Might not be exceeding 750watts. But cheap PSUs usually can't do its rated load. Old PSU always. I had a Season 1000 Watt plat that after 6 years couldn't hold 600watt load. Seasonic RMA was awesome though!

iamacow

Admirable
I would say your PSU is tripping. in-game Computer reboots are usually do power loss / drop. Yes the RTX have problems dying, but this isn't it.

The RTX 2080 TI draws nearly 300watts under load. The 1070 will maxes out at 150. If you have cheap or old PSU, you are probably tripping it. Might not be exceeding 750watts. But cheap PSUs usually can't do its rated load. Old PSU always. I had a Season 1000 Watt plat that after 6 years couldn't hold 600watt load. Seasonic RMA was awesome though!

Solution