GTX 260 1.8gb or GTX 275 896mb

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tstxvsni

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Hi i am planning to buy one of these graphic card for my PC intel i7 to run Aion online which one is better?

THx

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
OP, i apologise profusely for this. This obviously isn't a good experience to you as a newcomer to TH. Normally there are adults around but you caught us all at a bad time (Sabot00, you are excluded from this rant). The 275 you mentioned in the title will be the better catch i would think, 896MB will do for most games not to mention higher clock speeds all round and a wider memory bandwidth. Hope this helps.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I'm a pretty much paid up member of the green camp, but that doesn't mean i think ATI produces '***' (whatever that meant). If jyjjy is a fan of ATI products then he will have no reason to cry to his 'mother's womb' as ATI couldn't be doing any better. You are not exactly putting the rest of the NVidia community in a good light by being so recklessly childish in your responses. As much as a NVidia based question the OP gave, it wasn't exactly the worst thing to recommend the massively attractive ATI solutions as its our job as fellow TH members to give the best advice we can, not shove preferred products down their throats for our own agendas or egos. Oh and in response to that phallic comment you made; try reading up on reaction formation.

amoghthegamer

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010

Then why do you use a GTX yourself?

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Because i've been using NVidia cards since i was little and they've never ever failed me once and thus never given me reason to switch to the red camp. But just because i prefer NVidia's products doesn't mean im not going to automatically slag off ATI's products, especially at this time when ATI are dominating the market at NVidia are very much behind. Considering that for the last number of months i've been waiting patiently for the GTX 470/480's to make their appearance i would say i'm quite loyal to NV in some respects but i also have respect for ATI's cards too and rightly so.

shazzalol

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Wowo this is pathetic most of you. The gu who asked the question didnt ANOTHER ATI vs Nvidia War. There a millions of them on the internet so go find one if you want talk out of your arse. And reference to the original question i would say the gtx 275 or raedon 5770, The ati card will help with the newest of the newest games but maybe a 2-5% increase only. Im neutral between ati and nvidia so pick whatever card is cheaper.

BroHamBone

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
+1^^^ I agree with you!

Wow such a wonderful time spent reading the arguements!!

Lets see, its been 2 months since the last post.... and the OP posted once throughout the history of this thread... You have been HAD!

GG! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

they also have all the HD plugin for a full HD monitor to play games in HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.