GTX 260 covers the PCI-E slot "button handle"

tuesday0180

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Anyone else have problems removing their large video cards? My GTX 260 is covered with the plastic box thing that allows the fan to push the air out the back of the PC. The only problem is the big box thing covers the little "Button handle" thing that you have to nudge in order to get the video card out of the PCI-E slot.

I can't see the button anymore and had to jam my finger in there feeling around blindly. It finally came out, but not before I cut myself a few times and also almost pulled out a little battery looking thing that was part of the motherboard.

alex3003

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
If you place your PC horizontally and look at the bottom of the graphics card , you can clearly see where the lock is holding it. just carefully 'jump' the clamp from the graphics card and then its ready to be removed.

tuesday0180

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Is it okay to break off that handle? I had to take it out to swap in a 4870 for testing and stuff. I might have to take it out again to clean the fan and the rest of the motherboard because I have a HAF 932 case(it has tons of openings for dust to get in.

TRENDING THREADS