Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredcool33

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Hey all I just need a bit of help as I'm worried
I'm running a Gigabyte GTX 260 OC (Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050W PSU and quite a few fans around) and i, for the first time tried to overclock it. Well, i overclocked the core clock from 650 to 679, and tried playing oblivion - made a weird beep and crashed so i thought UH OH and told nTune to put it back to all default stuff. Now when I check GPU-Z. it's telling me that while the core clock is back at 650, the shader clock is only runing at 1300MHZ (1400MHz is default - for some reason it's going lower than stock :\). This is worrying as while I'm certainly in no mood to try boosting it again, I'd at least like to have the shader clock working at the default (1400 factory-overclocked from gigabyte). Can anyone tell me what I need to do? =|

Solution
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- Check the configuration of the nTune, usually that kind of software link all the specifications and drop the specifications to get the "best" configuration.

2- If you still want OC your GPU, you can use this article as a guide of you. GPU OC GUIDE
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- Check the configuration of the nTune, usually that kind of software link all the specifications and drop the specifications to get the "best" configuration.

2- If you still want OC your GPU, you can use this article as a guide of you. GPU OC GUIDE

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.