[SOLVED] GTX 3060 TI - the monitor has no signal

Dec 25, 2020
Bought new PC setup with Asus Prime B450-PLUS, AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI PCI-Ex GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Ventus 2X. Connected my monitor (that has been working fine with my laptop) to the GPU with HDMI but as soon as I boot up the PC - the monitor is a black screen saying "has no signal".

I connected the power supplier (Chieftec GPS-600A8 600W) with GPU using PCIe ports and as soon as I try to boot up, the fans on the GPU start to work - so I believe the power is given properly to the GPU.

Tried to reinstall the GPU from the motherboard - doesn't seem to help.

What is the issue here? How can I make a monitor display properly with the RTX 3060 TI? Am I missing something?

Solution
So what I did today is tried to install GPU into a friend's setup (he has Asus Prime B450M-A motherboard) and tested both my HDMI cable and his one. And it boots perfectly (so I suppose GPU is alive)

Can it be an issue with a motherboard?
its not impossible, but the B450 & 2600 are compatible out of the box so you should get a post
you mentioned your GPU fans spin but mentioned nothing about the rest of the hardware

you need to troubleshoot, for future reference it is best to test all the components out of the case before you install everything

since your MOBO does not have a post code you should look in the manual, it most likely has some type of beeb code
listen for a beebs or series of beeps when you turn it on...
Dec 25, 2020
have you tried other cables? like a Display Port or trying a different HDMI socket on the GPU?
So what I did today is tried to install GPU into a friend's setup (he has Asus Prime B450M-A motherboard) and tested both my HDMI cable and his one. And it boots perfectly (so I suppose GPU is alive)

Last edited:

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019

its not impossible, but the B450 & 2600 are compatible out of the box so you should get a post
you mentioned your GPU fans spin but mentioned nothing about the rest of the hardware

you need to troubleshoot, for future reference it is best to test all the components out of the case before you install everything

since your MOBO does not have a post code you should look in the manual, it most likely has some type of beeb code
listen for a beebs or series of beeps when you turn it on, hopefully you get a beeb code & it should tell you in the manual what is preventing post

you want to have as few components connected as possible

CPU to the board, CPU cooler, 24 pin & 8 pin power connectors to the MOBO, PCIE to the GPU, RAM, Monitor, & keyboard | storage drive is optional

often its the CPU cooler plugged into the wrong fan header, so make sure that is connected correctly, but even if it were the wrong header it should post briefly before giving you an error message and shutting itself down, but its worth looking into

if you have multiple sticks of ram try using just one stick at first, look in the manual for the correct configuration/slots to install your ram

you can search "troubleshooting from Jayz2cents" he gives a thorough explanation of how to do this

I am assuming this is all new hardware - hopefully you plan on a fresh installation of windows | you could use an existing drive with windows on it, it works sometimes, but that is not recommended

Reactions: MrDeadly
Solution
Dec 25, 2020
Alright, I really tried a lot of things and one of them was to reinstall the RAM into the other slots. And for some reason, it started to boot and GPU started to display (note, I did try to reinstall RAM earlier but it did not help at that time and checked if I really set it up properly).

So it was either the actual issue with connecting RAM or some accident that I don't recognize. Anyway, thanks for helping me out.

Reactions: M3rKn

TRENDING THREADS