[SOLVED] GTX 3070 compatibility, again...?

Sep 9, 2020
I know people have already asked about compatibility and it's probably annoying. But I'm gonna do that annoying thing again. Because my MOBO wasn't in any of the results I've found.

My Spec:
i5 7600k
Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz
GTX-970
750w power supply, forget brand but it was higher quality.
Current 1080p 60hz gaming but work is upgrading my monitor and I can connect my gaming PC to it.

Story time:
Built the system in 2015 and in 2017 the bunk EVGA power supply I had fried my MOBO. So I upgraded to 7600k and the setup here. But kept the graphics card from 2015 cause it still worked.

My gtx-970 has been amazing. Never gave me any problems and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. But 5 years down the road, it's time for an upgrade. When I first got it I could play everything at 1080p ultra with 60 fps. With more modern titles I've had to dial it back.

I'm definitely the kind of person that loads in to COD Warzone, looks at the trees, and then dies. So ultra settings are important to me.

My concern:
I keep hearing about PCIE gen 4 upgrades and a bunch of talk I don't fully know about with my current setup.

Will I be knee-capping a 3070 if I get that with a 1440p 140 hz monitor in my current setup?

Last edited:
Solution
Yes it will work fine. The PCIe port on that is PCIe 3.0. It ill be a little slower than 4.0, but not much (as the 5700XT shows on current systems