Question GTX 3080 ti heating up

NicolasIragorri1

Reputable
Mar 10, 2019
Hi experts in this forum!

I've been having an issue lately with my GPU and overheating.
Lately, I've played games like ARK Survival Evolved and Valheim (which I don't think are too demanding, graphically speaking), and I've noticed GPU temperatures above 90 degrees when running at 1080.
Additionally, everytime I run these games in 4K, the temperature gets really high very quickly. Although I'm not sure about this, I believe one of my monitors was damaged after a gaming session. The screen started flickering and the monitor was also heating up considerably.

I also downloaded all latest drivers for the GPU, but this issue persists. Any idea what might be causing this? Shouldn't this GPU be able to handle these games at 4k with no issues?

My pc specs are as follows:

ComponentReference
CPU12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K 3.61 GHz
GPUEVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming 12GB GDDR6X build
PSUEVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2
MotherboardROG STRIX Z690-E Gaming WIFI
CaseLIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition
SSDSAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB
CoolerNZXT Kraken Z73
RAMCorsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB

Thanks for the help,
Nicolas

Shouldn't this GPU be able to handle these games at 4k with no issues?
being able to "handle" any specific games at specific resolutions isn't the same as insufficient cooling.

if your card couldn't handle these games then you would be seeing very low frame rates, stuttering, texture pop-ins, etc while running the games.

you don't mention what type of fan setup you are using in this case and what type of fan curve you have in place for this GPU.