GTX 460 doesn't support 60 hz?

Nikc

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Idunno if it's the card or if it's some kind of problem on my end, but I can't seem to get it to display 60hz at any resolution other than 640x480 (running on a CRT monitor btw, don't know if this makes a difference). This is very annoying as there are a variety of situations where I would want to run 60hz at a high resolution..

I've tried creating a custom resolution at 60hz in the nvidia control panel, but it just ignores this and displays 85hz instead.

Is there anything I can do about this at all? This just seems like a very silly, arbitrary restriction, if it is indeed built into the card.

Did you also installed win 7 at the same time?

There are two reasons that come to the top of my head as to why it's stuck at 60hz.

Either the drivers for the monitor are set to some generic setting, due to win 7 not having your monitor settings or your video drivers aren't installed properly.

I believe that you are having some unusual driver issues. Just about every thing since the mid 90s supported 60hz and above. Right now I am running my 9800gt at 85hz and do the same with my ATI cards. I love how CRT screens are able to have decent refresh rates while being as cheap a take out lunch.

Nikc

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Ok so I tried powerstrip, but not even that seems to recognise 60hz even exists at anything but 640x480. :( At least not in the normal configuration options, and the button for advanced timing options is greyed out.

Nikc

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Unusual driver issues? Now that I think about it, I have been having some weird issues where several applications just will not recognize my card... including the nvidia installer that was on the disk that came with it! I had to download the web installer to get it to work. The card runs fine, otherwise. It's a Club 3D 1GB GTX 460, by the way.

TRENDING THREADS