GTX 480 woes...

brianfulcher15

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
So ive been having someissues with my card. I use my computer with a 42 inch panasonic tv so when i leave i turn the tv off. When i get back and turn my tv on i get a balck screen.

This is using the HDMI cable. at the black screen i can switch the cable to the DVI port and it works fine.

Help???? I want to use HDMI for sound.

Thanks

I've had this problem with my ps3 which uses an HDMI cable. As you know HDMI uses HDCP which is basically DRM for HD. If the encryption is broken it will block the audio and video.

To fix this encryption so far i found that turning off your tv and back on will renew the key and fix the encryption allowing the signal to pass thru. That's my theory though as so far that has worked 100% of the time when all I get is a black screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-bandwidth_Digital_Content_Protection

brianfulcher15

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
i tryed that but it didnt work. So far what im having to do is swap to the DVI. then when is ee the desktop shut down the pc then switch the hdmi cable in and it works.

i tryed reseting my pc and it did not work.

notty22

Distinguished
In power options ,win 7, there is a pci-express power saving option, link state power management. Its set on , on the balanced plan. Believe its off , on the high perf. profile. You might want to check that. Might play with the connection.