[SOLVED] GTX 560 (Non Ti) Randomly crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2020
Hello, My PC recently started crashing into a grey (or rarely black) screen whenever I start using the GPU. The temp never rises more than 50'C

I am using MSI Afterburner to monitor temperature (and FPS). I didn't know what memory clock and core clock meant so, I kept them the default. However now, the GPU temperature starts to rise even when browsing the internet and eventually crashes to a grey screen.

Earlier, I played many games fine with GPU temp rising between 70'C to 85'C and there were neither performance issues nor crashes.

Here are the MSI Afterburner default settings.

image.png

According to this site, my GPU's default memory clock must be 1000 MHz but the MSI Afterburner default is 2010MHz (and it doesn't let me decrease it less than 1005MHz)

Capture.png

Have I done something stupid which results in the crashes? I really don't understand much about these things so please go easy on me.

Any help is pretty much appreciated. Thanks!

Sep 14, 2020
PC Specs?

Did you let nVidia detect the GPU to download drivers?

Hello, Thanks for the reply, but I solved the problem by uninstalling drivers and Afterburner, then reinstalling drivers with GeForce Experience.

However, there is a worse problem now (after a week), It doesn't even boot up with the Graphics card, rarely it boots but crashes as soon as loading the desktop. I should probably buy another graphics card. <Mod Edit>.

Thanks for trying to help, please close this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
You need to mark the header with [SOLVED] and a Mod will close it.

If you have another problem, post another it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS