[SOLVED] GTX 560 not recognized by motherboard

Jun 14, 2020
Hi! Good evening, I have a Dell Optiplex 380 with BIOS A07. 4 days ago I bought an used ASUS GTX 560 from Amazon.
Since I plugged in the graphics card my PC couldn't even recognize it. Sometimes my integrated graphics works (meaning the graphics card isn't recognized) and sometimes not (it is somehow recognized but no signal) I'd appreciate if someone could help me, I'm going crazy ;s.

Dell Optiplex 380
Intel core 2 duo E7500
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics card: GTX 560
PSU: 500W

Solution
Thanks for replying, I have a 2 molex to 6 pin connector, which is connected only to 1 6 pin. I thought that it would have the 150 watts the fabricant says it needs (75W from PCI-EXPRESS, 75 W 6 pin= 150W).
just investigated and the problem here is that I only have 1 sata cable left, so I have 2 options;
1- Buy a Sata to 6 pin adapter to get additional energy to the GPU.
2- Use 2 separates molex to 6 pin cables.

Which option could be safer?

If you need to use adapters on your power supply you need a new power supply. Also for that old of a system make sure you have the latest BIOS on it.
Jun 14, 2020
Thanks for replying, I have a 2 molex to 6 pin connector, which is connected only to 1 6 pin. I thought that it would have the 150 watts the fabricant says it needs (75W from PCI-EXPRESS, 75 W 6 pin= 150W).
just investigated and the problem here is that I only have 1 sata cable left, so I have 2 options;

If you need to use adapters on your power supply you need a new power supply. Also for that old of a system make sure you have the latest BIOS on it.

Solution