GTX 560Ti Throttling

MultiCofy

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
I've bought myself a new MSI GTX 560Ti with TwinFrozrII fans, but I've got a real annoying problem:

Once I got it I decided to put the GPU to the test - so I went to FurMark, went for a 1980x1080 Brun In test and my GPU decided to start throttling... Core Clock was halved (down from 950MHz) with seemingly no reason. GPU was okay when it came to temps (was at ~70°C if I'm not mistaken) and I think I've got the PSU to handle the GPU (Chieftek GPS550 AB A). I've also tried lowering the clock all the way down to 800MHz, but the throttling still occurs. I've also set the Power Management to High Performance in nVidia Control Panel.

Does anyone have the slightest clue as to what could be causing the throttling?

EDIT:
In case anyone's wondering, I'm sporting the following config:
Motherboard ASUS P5Q
CPU: Intel C2Q Q9550 clocked to 3.4GHz @ 1.16250V
CPU Cooler: CM TX2
HDDs Crucial 256GB MX100 SSD and 640GB WD HDD
PSU is listed above
RAM: 2x2GB HyperX 1066MHz @ 5-5-5-18 (DDR2)

BigBadBeef

Admirable
70°C is a lot, mine is much stronger, higher wattage card that doesn't exceed 65°C. See if the fans are working normally, then see if the heat is being conducted away from the card properly. Basically cases that utilize fans for cooling need to have a system that pulls air from the front and pushes it out in the back.

MultiCofy

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
70°C may be a bit high but it's nowhere near the temp throttling point (which is at 100°C as stated by nVidia's specs) so I'm pretty confident that the temperature is not the issue

MultiCofy

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
@BigBadBeef - what's RMA?
@Mousemonkey - you may be right - I tried kombustor and 3Dmark, both had no throttling... Also I get no throttling while gaming now that I think of it, only when I FurMark it...