gtx 560ti upgrade

jay_coolrockstar

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
I want to upgrade my graphics memory to be able to play watchdogs at highest setting ie 60fps ultra. My graphics card choice is Gtx 770 2gbor 4gb Any suggestion plz...

My rig is
Cpu i5 2500k
Intel dh 67cl
8gb ram
500gb Seagate hd
Grx 560ti zotac (1)
Psu gx 650watt.
Win 7 64bit

Solution

Your current PSU is fine for the 770.

Get the 4GB version only if you plan to use multiple monitors for gaming, or sli the two in the future:

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/gtx-770-4gb-vs-2gb-tested/3/

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador
The GTX 770 is a good choice since Nvidia has an advantage over AMD cards in watchdogs. For games other than watchdogs you could consider a R9 280x, which is cheaper than the 770 and has the same or better performance than it in most games.

jay_coolrockstar

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

Also should i be upgrading to a 4gb gtx 770 as i want to make futureproof for nearly 3 to 4 yrs from now.Do i need to change my psu now for 770.

RazerZ

Judicious
Ambassador

Your current PSU is fine for the 770.

Get the 4GB version only if you plan to use multiple monitors for gaming, or sli the two in the future:

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/gtx-770-4gb-vs-2gb-tested/3/

Solution

centaurius

Distinguished
May 2, 2012
I agree on the 770. However more future proof (if anything like that can be said regarding hardware) is the 4 GB version. At least a 3 GB vRAM should be in place in any GPU to date. I currently play Wolfstein new order at Full HD and it uses 2.7 GB of vRAM. For most games and if you won't play Full HD 2 GB will suffice but as long as new games are coming out the 2 GB will become standard and start pushing further. I speak for experience when I bout my 560 TI 1 GB a few years back in BF3 Full HD had some problems...

The AMD 280x or 290 with 3GB/4GB might be a good purchase in matters of price/performance. Just consider the price of each model, since a 770 with 4 GB will cost a bit more. However currently NVIDIA gives a free copy of watch dogs, dont know what bundle games AMD is currently offering.

Whatever you choose make sure you search reviews for the GPU you are buying BEFORE buying it.